Compliments

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Beth2004, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Sep 7, 2006

I had a pretty good day today. I was complimented by both of my principals at different points during the day.
    The first was this morning at a meeting. The 1st-3rd grade teachers had a meeting this morning with the elementary school principal (the school is pk-12). At the end of the meeting she asked, "So, how is everyone doing?" We all pretty much just said, "Good" or "Fine" and she looked at me and said, "I KNOW you're doing good!" then turned to the other teachers and said, "I saw her in action yesterday and she had to discipline a kid. You go girl!" haha She stopped in my room yesterday during social studies and I had to speak to one of my students whose attention span is almost non existent. I spend most of my day speaking to him so I didn't really think anything of it, but I was worried that she had stopped in my room when she heard me speaking to him because she didn't think I could handle it. Apparently she was impressed, though! :)

Then, after lunch the head principal of the school came into my room to pray with/for me. She said she does it every year with each of the teachers. After we prayed she asked how things were going with my class. I said that things are going great and that they're a great group. She said to me, "They are a good group, but you know as well as I do that the students are a reflection of their teacher and you are doing a great job. I love what I see and hear whenever I walk by this room." I must've had a smile from ear to ear.
    Even though I am confident in my teaching abilities it's always nice to hear things like that.

3. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Sep 7, 2006

It sounds like you have had a great start. I hope the year continues to go well for you. You are so right. It really makes you feel great when the principal compliments your teaching!!!

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 7, 2006

Way to go, Beth! That's 2 more compliments than I got from my supervisor ALL of last year... sounds like you're off to a great start! Your kids arel ucky to have you.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2006

Beth- doesn't that just make you want to work even harder! It always does for me. Great job!

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2006

Happy for you, Beth!

7. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2006

Great job Beth! I am sure you deserve it and those kids are lucky to have you as a teacher!

8. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Sep 7, 2006

See Beth :) Told you that there was a group of students out there that was waiting for a TERRIFIC teacher to show up. It looks as if not only have you found them but you are also lucky enough to have found an administrative staff like I have that recognizes great teachers and realizes that they deserve to be praised. Hope you continue to have as good a year as I am. :)

9. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Sep 7, 2006

Oh, so happy for you.