Complications from broken bones

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by teacherintexas, Aug 4, 2009.

1. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 4, 2009

Complications

Many of you may remember that I broke my leg in a high impact fall the day before my wedding. I am lucky to be alive!

It's been about five weeks since my leg was broken, and I've been in the hospital four times, and have had three surgeries. This last surgery was to clean out infection in one of the incisions. I was told lots of things during this last hospital stay that really scared me. They were going to send me home with a wound vac and iv antibiotics, but only sent pill antibiotics so that leads me to believe it's not as bad as it could be.

I am still about a month from getting to put any weight on my leg. I have to keep it elevated and use a walker. As you can imagine, I am totally dependent on my family for bringing me meals, drinks, meds, and everything else.

I'm still worried (naturally I think) about losing my leg. While that wouldn't be the worst thing that could ever happen to me, it would definitely be a setback. I'm feeling rather guilty that I can't help my family the way I would like. We had to cancel the activities that the kids would enjoy this summer because I was hurt. The guilt I would feel if I got worse would be horrible. Even though the timing worked out, I'm feeling guilty that I won't be able to work for a few more months.

This is a completely selfish prayer request, but I would ask you to pray that I recover as much to my former abilities as possible.

Thank you.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2009

Your request is not selfish. Of course you are worried. I will pray for you.

4. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 4, 2009

Thank you Daisy

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2009

I'll keep you in my prayers.

6. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 5, 2009

I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. :hugs:

7. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 5, 2009

I have been thinking of you lately! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 5, 2009

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm nervous about what he'll find under the bandage. Crossing my fingers....

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 7, 2009

I'm healing well but my husband isn't dealing with my injury well lately. I can't carry anything open like a glass of water when I have a walker and he doesn't want me to use my wheelchair so that is causing some quarrels, not to mention dehydration when he is at work.

10. bros

bros Phenom

Aug 8, 2009

You could try something like a water bottle.

11. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Aug 9, 2009

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hate that you are having to go through all of this.

12. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2009

Why doesn't he want you to use the wheelchair? And why is that his decision? You need to be as independent as possible and if the wheelchair helps, it seems like a no-brainer.

13. Ajcoop

Ajcoop Rookie

Aug 10, 2009

I will pray you and your family.