Communication Tools (Home Notes, etc.)

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 8, 2003

Is there a place on this site that lists samples of home notes, checklists, conference forms, etc? If not can we make one? Maybe a summer project for our host ;) ? I'm always looking for better communication tools. Right now I'm on a hunt for a VERY SIMPLE home note where I can congrtulate a child (and inform his/her parents) about a good thing. My goal is to send each child 1 a week. I find myself usually send notes home for negative behaviors, and of course behavior plans, daily/weekly home notes for ESE kids, etc. but never just a "Give Johnny a hug he sat quietly all of circle time today!" or "Daisy was a great calendar teacher today!" I'm not beating myself up over this, there isn't time in the day to write all the good things but if I write 1 per kid per week that only 4 a day (20 kids) and if they're short, small and easy that shouldn't be so bad at all (says the teacher 4 days away from summer break)! I'm thinking of a recoginze the small things type theme...If you have one and are willing to share I'll take any and all ideas, I can always create or modify. Thanks in advance :)

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jun 8, 2003

I'll put this on the "To Do" list. :) Keep in mind the list has been getting longer and longer since I started teaching again. My hubby is taking time off to help with the site now though, so we'll see how much more gets done.

(Anyway, Shilo, I noticed you tried to register, but the confirmation email was returned due to an invalid email address. You might want to double check that and try again.)

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 8, 2003

Let's see... you could take the lines you gave... "Give Johnny a hug he sat quietly all of circle time today!" or "Daisy was a great calendar teacher today!" and make mini-certificates... leave a blank for the name and think of all the activities that might go on during the day. print them 4 to a sheet and file them in a index card file box. Have topics like... Great Circle Time Behavior, Great Calendar Helper, Wonderful Toy-Picker-Upper, Loyal Listener During Story time, etc. When someone does something outstanding, go to the box and pull a mini-cert and jot their name on it. Print them on various colored papers.

Make a list and I'll get with Amanda and I'll try to make something using word documents or something... find some free clip art to add to it or something. Sound good, Amanda? :D

I like your idea Shilo, I find myself only writing negative notes. It is something we could all use!

Lori

PS: You know I had to find at least ONE LINK!! LOL :p
    http://www.preschoolprintables.com/award/awardmisc.shtml

IF I find more, I'll post them!

5. charli

charli Guest

Jun 8, 2003

My daughter is a Stampin' Up demonstrator, so I am really into card making and scrapbooking! Something that I have done, is make some mini cards with a very simple stamp on the front and on my computer, I type out various quotes or sayings to where all I have to do is fill in a name and date and print, cute and paste to my card! Easy and fast! The kids love it and I have even printed some in post card format with my puppy on the front. They really liked that one!

6. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 10, 2003

This is Shilo...
    Lori-All hail the links lady! I'll check into those, yes what you described is what I was looking for, 4 to a page, little certificate/notes, etc. Let me know how it's going, I'll help you guys out if I can!

Amanda- I tried to change my e-mail address to a more personal account so I can receive notifications of replies to posts, but I must have typed it in wrong, but since I changed it and didn't reply to the e-mail I can't access any of the info to re-type it or chande it back to the other <sigh>. Anyway, let me know how I can access that to change it or if I can e-mail you my old e-maill adfress and you can put it back. Thanks!

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 10, 2003

Hey Shilo, make a list of what kind of mini-certs you want to use. You can email them to me at lorilori2u@yahoo.com. Then when I get something worked up, I can email it back to you. I'll try to put them in a MSWord doc.

Lori

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 10, 2003

Shilo, see if this is what you are wanting...

Lori

10. Amanda

Jun 10, 2003

Shilo, You'll need to go register again. When an email notification fails, the account is removed so it won't take up space. That usually doesn't happen so soon... I guess I was too efficient this time. Sorry!

Lori, If you want to make some, I can add them to the printables section so everyone can access them if you want. :)

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 10, 2003

If someone will give me a list of what they want, I can do it. I figured out how to do it in jpg form. Is that ok?

Lori

12. Amanda

Jun 10, 2003

JPG is fine. You can send it to me and I can compile it into page(s) that can be viewed on the site.

Okay, now for the list... What do you guys want?

13. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Jun 11, 2003

Ok, fixed the account!
    Lori what you made was great. I'd like to see a few generic notes like good listening, helpful friend, a few praising certain accomplishments like you used your manners, raising your hand, sat with the group, etc. And then a few more specific for certain times during the day, small group, large group, lesson time, lunch time, naptime, music and movement, walking in the hallway, etc.
    What's the old saying, "beggers can't be choosers" ? I'll be happy with any notes you create, and I thank you in advance for your work!

Shilo

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 11, 2003

ALRIGHTY THEN!!! We have a list!! I'll get back with ya!

Lori

15. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 11, 2003

OK!!!! I got them made and an email is on its way to Amanda so she can put them somewhere on here! :)

over 12 of them so far!!

Lori

16. Amanda

Jun 12, 2003

17. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Jun 13, 2003

They are AWESOME!!! Thank You!!! :) :) :)

18. Floria

Floria Rookie

Apr 23, 2016

Those are wonderful!