Communication Binders

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by CatieCat, Aug 12, 2010.

1. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 12, 2010

BEE Binders

Hey Everyone!

I just accepted a first grade position at a wonderful school and am very excited. The parents at my school are very much involved. So, I wanted to create B.E.E (Bring Everything Everyday) binders for each child to have. My question for all of you is...have you used these binders before? If so, what did you include in them? I was thinking...

-zipper pouch for money

-communication section-include weekly newsletters and notebook paper for the parents to write notes to me

-homework section

-behavior section

Anybody have any other ideas? I would love to hear from someone who uses this system in their classroom.

3. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 12, 2010

About Our Class - you can put anything routine related in there (weekly schedule, library exchange procedure...etc.) as well as a class list that students can use for cards at Christmas and Easter and/or birthday invitations (if you are allowed to do that with privacy laws in your area).

4. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 12, 2010

That's a good idea! Thanks!

5. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2010

Not telling you to do this, but I took out the parent communication section. Sounds mean, but I do NOT like handwriting messages. I prefer email. I found that the parents wrote less hand written messages if I left that section out. Of course, if you had a class like my coworker did last year (8 different IEP's!), it is a necessity!

6. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 12, 2010

Thanks Lynn...

Yeah that is something to think about. I was told that my parents will all be very involved this year. What do you all include in your communication binder?

Does anyone have any pictures of the BEE binder or any other binder and how they set it up?

7. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2010

Mine is very basic. When you open it up, there is a pouch for notes and money. Flip the pouch over and the next thing is a sheet protector. I am still deciding what will be inside... I think the class schedule on one side, and the district calendar on the back. Following will be the behavior sheet(s).