Common Core Standards & Old Rigby Program

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teacherlissa, Jun 22, 2011.

1. teacherlissa

teacherlissa Comrade

Jun 22, 2011

I am now a fifth grade reading teacher. I have always taught 2nd and 3rd grade. I am in Kentucky where we just adopted the new Common Core Standards for reading and math. I am faced with 1. new grade level, 2. new common core standards, 3. due to have my first baby in September so having to prepare enough for a long-term sub. I am a little stressed out!!!

Now that you know a little background, my question is this: Does anyone have a transition guide or crosswalk to use the old Harcourt Rigby program (our core reading program because we have no money in the budge to replace with up-to-date curriculum) and the common core standards??

I need lesson plans/guides for 5th grade based on the Common Core Standards. I am used to teaching comprehension lessons (connections, questioning, inferring, etc.) during my Shared Reading time and then having small guided reading groups based on student needs. Can anyone point me in the right direction for 5th grade lessons based on these new Common Core Standards?? Or any 5th grade lessons/guides for that matter??

Thanks in advance...

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 22, 2011

Google Common Core Curriculum Maps--they have a ton of lesson ideas for each standard.