Common Core Report Card

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MsMaggs, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Mar 28, 2012

Our district is working on transitioning to the Common Core Standards. Part of our preparation involves coming up with a standards based report card using the new Common Core Standards. Does anyone have report cards using Common Core Standards? I'd love to get an idea of what others are using before we start to build ours. I am in CA, so we will be using the CCCSS (with CA's extra 15%), but I'd love to see any report cards using the Common Core. Anyone willing to share?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 29, 2012

We too are working on developing a common core report card. The thought right now is to set each standard as a category and have teachers enter assignments into each standard category. This way students can get a standard grade and the grades can be averaged to make a total grade.

4. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Apr 4, 2012

Thank you for the input, Mopar. That's our first thought too, it seems like a lot of categories though. Any others who have common core report cards out there?

5. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 4, 2012

This may or may not be helpful since it's at the kindergarten level, but one of the teachers who sells in A to Z's store created a whole assessment package based on the Common Core Standards. We do a lot of individual testing in K for report cards, so I know that part will be different than upper grades.

Each product has several sample images and pages:
    http://www.teacherebooksnow.com/downloads/common-core-standards-assessment/

6. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Apr 15, 2012

Thanks Amanda!

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Apr 15, 2012

This sounds like how our report cards work. It is kind of nice for the kids because they have so many grades (for each standard) that even if their total grade for the subject wasn't so great, they can at least have some good grades on their report card due to being better at some standards than others, even within the same subject. However, I know it is a lot more work for the teachers and has caused a lot of frustration- especially since in my district, they want them to write comments about each and every standard- not just the subject as a whole!

8. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2012

We will probably continue to report subject grades for awhile...but I want to set up my grade book with these categories. It would be helpful for my special education teacher and students in RtI.