Common Core Checklists for Students or Teachers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by otterpop, Jul 11, 2014.

1. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jul 11, 2014

I was looking for a "nice little checklist" for either students or teachers for 4th grade common core standards. Something easy to read. I'm kind of picky about layouts. I found an awesome math one after a ton of searching.

Holy smokes, though. There are a TON of ELA standards. It's not really new information to me, but seeing them all lined out in one document shows how many there are.

Does anyone know of a free neat looking checklist for students with "I Can" statements? Something that they could have to track their progress without totally overwhelming them? I've found quite a few but they are all pretty complicated looking.

---

P.S.

A free well laid out checklist for teachers would be nice too.

P.P.S.

I'm also upset that the CCSS website doesn't just provide these and that I have to search to find anything like this.

---

Thank you!

3. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jul 11, 2014

These are the best that I've found. I am still hoping to find a document with "I Can" statements but at least these are easy to read and include all the ELA standards in one document. If I can't find one, maybe I'll make one eventually.

4. LiterallyLisa

LiterallyLisa Companion

Jul 11, 2014

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2014

http://http://www.thecurriculumcorner.com/thecurriculumcorner456/i-can-standards-for-4th-5th-6th-grades/

I use this too! :hugs:
    They have fantastic posters in two styles ready to print. If you need to omit anything, you can type up your own from these samples. Either way, most of the work has been done for us! I really like them. I can use them as checklists when assessing what students can already do so I don't waste time reteaching what some already know. Great for differentiation! You can also have students assess themselves then PROVE IT by giving you a sample of work to show they can do this. It's great for metacognition and accountability.

6. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

7. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

8. WindyCityGal606

Jul 11, 2014

These are nicely done and well written as teacher friendly on one side and student friendly on the other side but....and this is the part that really upset me when my order arrived...they are no bigger than small sentence strips so hanging them up for display is not practical although they do try to sell you on buying the little pocket charts. I think these were great in theory but they are not practical at all, at least not for a regular sized classroom where you'd like all students to be able to SEE the standard that is displayed. I kept mine in a drawer all year and chalked it up as a lesson learned. Next time, I'll do more research before buying something I'm unfamiliar with. I hope passing this info on to you save you the cost of being disappointed too. :hugs:

9. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

Hmmm, we can make posters at my school (enlarging photocopies into posters), so the information could be transferred. In middle school, I would likely take the information and just put it in a PowerPoint slide as I start the informational part of the lesson.

10. WindyCityGal606

Jul 11, 2014

I wish we could enlarge at my school. If we want to do things like that, we have to find our own resources. It would be great to enlarge the posters from The Curriculum Corner site. those are really nice too! I do like the little sentence strip ones if I need to reference the standards during planning.

11. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jul 11, 2014

I love this idea.

These links are for posters though, not checklists... there is a checklist somewhere on that site that I found though. The posters are very nice... but :wow:, 52 pages! How do you use these? Do you just put up the one applicable to your lesson?

Thanks for all the help. :)

EDIT: I see now that the ELA standards end at page 30. That's better.

12. WindyCityGal606

Jul 12, 2014

There are checklists on the link...