coming on too strong

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Lindsnh, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Aug 7, 2010

How to you handle someone coming on too strong...what do you say? I just reconnected with a guy this week that I worked with while I was in college. He is in the military and will be coming home this week to visit before he leaves for overseas...He said we should meet up and I was like sure...why not. Well he has been texting me and is coming on very strong.:blush: I am quite shy and reserved and it makes me feel uncomfotable. I dont want to be rude to him...I kindof just ignored the last text...and he just texted back and said I guess you are busy....ugh what do I say?

3. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Aug 7, 2010

I'm dealing with someone just like that. It seems like when you ignore them they like you even more.

I just let him know I was not interested in anything other than friendship and at this point in my life I was too busy to get serious with anyone or think about getting serious.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2010

You did say you would meet him, right?

How about "You're coming on a bit strong. Can we meet for coffee on Thursday?"

5. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Aug 7, 2010

yes, I said I would meet before he started coming on strong.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 8, 2010

Now that he's been coming on strong, are you still going through w/ mtg w/ him? You probably still should. Since he's leaving for the military soon, maybe he wants to mk sure you don't forget, mk other plans, etc., so hopefully it's all innocent & just his excitement & eagerness to see you after all this time!

I'd say something like, "Don't worry, I won't forget, I'm still mtg w/ ya. If u don't hear frm me for a day or so, I'll be busy."