Columbus Day Hats

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by RitaFirstGrade, Oct 10, 2005.

1. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Oct 10, 2005

3. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 10, 2005

Cute pictures! They all looked like they were having so much fun! :)

4. jcg

jcg Cohort

Oct 10, 2005

Did all of your parents sign off on pictures being shared on the internet? I had a lot that said "No!" :(

5. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Oct 11, 2005

Mine all did say yes to posting pictures. I type up a permission form that explains in detail that the site is advertised to class member families only. I also explain that most pictures are group photos and that no names will be on the site. That reassures most parents. I did have some say no on the form that the school sent home. When I gave them the form that I wrote, they said yes. :)

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 11, 2005

How can you say that the site is advertised to class family members only and then provide a link here?

7. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Oct 11, 2005

Well, usually it is only advertised to class members. I didn't think anything about posting to a teacher site.

8. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2005

Rita I am glad that you did. I loved your Eric Carle idea. I may use that. Did I see a gumball machine in your room? If yes, where did you get it from?

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 11, 2005

I do love your website- don't get me wrong, but you HAVE to think of the ramifications of saying that you will only advertise to family members of the class and then open up your website through a very public forum. As a parent I would have issues with it. My administrators and board would have issues with it. Be careful- if you promise something make sure you deliver.

10. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Oct 12, 2005

Rita - I love the website!!! Excellent! Your room is awesome! I have a question - I saw on your schedule you have specials block on Wed. - that is an awesome chunck of planning time...when do you have planning the rest of the week?

11. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Oct 12, 2005

Rosieo- I do have a gumball machine, but we call it a "skittle" machine. ;) I actually got it as a gift, so I am not sure where it was purchased. I know my husband ordered it online though.

MandaNicole01- Yes, we do have a great chunk of planning time on Wednesdays! I love it! We also have a 15 minute morning recess and a 30 minute afternoon recess daily for planning as well. :)