Color personality profile

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MikeTeachesMath, Sep 6, 2012.

1. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Sep 6, 2012

So I saw czacza just linked someone to this, so I decided to take it. I'm almost scared of how accurate it is :huh:.

www.colorquiz.com

Your Existing Situation

"Organized and detail-oriented, he has a very precise and methodical manner. He needs relationships which offer him understanding, respect, and approval."

Your Stress Sources

"Needs to meet people who have the same high principals and values as himself, but finds the need unfulfilled. His need to feel dominate and superior leaves him feeling isolated and does not allow for him to give freely of himself. He would like to surrender and let go, but sees that as a weakness he must not give in to. Holding back will allow him to stand out for the crowd and earn a higher status, recognized by others as unique and important."

Your Restrained Characteristics

"Demanding and picky in his relationships, but careful not to bring out conflict or disagreements and this may decrease his chances of achieving his goals and ideas."

Your Desired Objective

"Needs peaceful surroundings. Looking for relief from stress, conflict, and arguments. Tries to control potentially harmful situations and arguments by treading lightly. Is sensitive, emotional, and has an eye for detail."

Your Actual Problem

"Wants to be valued and respected, seeks a close and peaceful relationship with a shared respect of each other."

What's yours say?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2012

I didn't take the five minute quiz...I've taken the full profile survey in the past. I come up blue/gold. Not surprising.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2012

Mine was very accurate!

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2012

I took it but I'm embarrassed to post the results here. :lol: It was super negative. It might have hit a little too close to home.... :(

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Sep 6, 2012

Some things were very very accurate for me, but some others were not. So I guess it's a hit and miss for me.

7. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Sep 6, 2012

I view you as a positive person, Caesar!

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2012

:lol: Oh, that made me laugh!

Really, I do try to be positive whenever I can. I am accused by those closest to me of being really cynical, though. And my results were all about how I hide my true feelings, how I feel disappointment because I feel like my peers don't value me, how I have all these fears. Really, most of my results were all about disappointment, fear, and hiding things. It really makes me feel kind of bad, actually. :(

9. smalltowngal

Sep 6, 2012

Caesar~mine was kind of negative too.

10. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2012

Well I think you're fantastic. :) Does that make you feel better?

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2012

Your Existing Situation: "Is sensitive and easily influenced by other's thoughts and emotions. Looking for friendly, easy-going relationships and jobs that help develop them." I am very sensitive.

Your Stress Sources: "Feels as if she is in an impossible situation, she has lost the trust and respect of others and feels she is being treated unfairly and with no consideration whatsoever. she feels unappreciated which is bruising her self-esteem, but feels helpless to do anything about it. Feels misunderstood and alone, as if no one is willing to help her with the problems she faces. she needs constant attention and encouragement, but she is getting neither of those things and it is bringing her down. she needs to escape the situation, but feels helpless to do anything or make a decision toward a solution." Yes, yes! Well, some of it... I don't feel as though I have lost trust and respect of others, but I feel my position and efforts at work are not considered or appreciated.

Your Restrained Characteristics: "Demanding and picky in her relationships, but careful not to bring out conflict or disagreements and this may decrease her chances of achieving her goals and ideas." Yes, I am demanding and picky in my relationship with a mate...but I bet he would disagree with the part about me being careful to not bring out conflict.

"Feels she is not receiving her fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. she keeps her emotions bottled up, leaving her quick to take offense to small things. she tries to make the best of her situation."

"Struggles to make her demands clear, but feels ignored. Feels resentful, but acts as if she doesn't care, doing what is necessary to keep peace." I am working on making my needs at work clear.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity. Lol...not, not really.

Your Desired Objective: "Looking for a loving relationship, which brings happiness and contentment. Brings emotional excitement to the relationship. Helpful and willing to give as much as she takes, and requires the same sort of giving relationship from others. "

Your Actual Problem: "Tension and stress is brought on by trying to cope with conditions which are out of her control, using up all her strength and leaving her feeling inadequate. she wishes to escape into a more peaceful and problem-free environment, in which she will no longer have to assert herself or deal with so much pressure." Yep.

Your Actual Problem #2: "Tends to be too trusting, so she must protect herself from this or she runs the risk of being misunderstood or used by others. Searching for a relationship which provides a safe and understanding environment, one where she knows exactly where she stands with her partner at all times." I think I'm such a "down to earth" person, I can be too trusting. Yet as I age I think this is less a problem. This doesn't pertain to my marriage...I have always had trust issues in relationships. Thankfully I'm mostly over that now, but I still wouldn't say I am "too trusting".

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2012

Your Existing Situation

"Inclined to choose luxurious things, which are gratifying to the senses. Turned off by things which are tacky and tasteless."
    I'll agree with that, although I'm not as shallow as that makes me sound.

Your Stress Sources

"Looking to stand out in the crowd and wanting to keep her rank and status. her current situation is irritating her because she can't seem to find anybody out there who values the same high standards she does. she is feeling isolated and wants to give in to her carnal urges, but can't bring herself to appear weak in the eyes of others. Wants others to see her unique qualities and character but can't stand to come off as needy, so instead she has an ""I don't care"" attitude and pushing people away. she turns her back on those who criticizes her behavior, but beneath her indifference is a person who is in desperate need of approval."
    I do not like to stand out in a crowd. I like to blend in as much as possible. I'm not in desperate need of approval. it's nice to have, but I'm not demanding of it from anyone.

Emotionally demanding and will involve herself in close relationships but won't get too involved or give too much of himself.

"Struggles to make her demands clear, but feels ignored. Feels resentful, but acts as if she doesn't care, doing what is necessary to keep peace."

Applies tough standards to her potential partner and demands an unrealistic perfection in her sex life.

There is nothing in this part that sounds like me at all.

Your Desired Objective

Is searching for a tight relationship with passion and physical fulfillment. Is focused and driven toward physical fitness and overall well-being.

Doesn't sound like me either.

Your Actual Problem

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics she likes in other people and apply it to herself as well as coming across as a unique individual."

I do like unique personalities. I don't think I do a good job of being anything other than me, though. I don't do well trying to take the personality traits of others.

Your Actual Problem #2

"Is disappointed and let down, feels there is no point in making new goals as they will leave her feeling the same way. Looking for friendly, pleasant relationships with others, who will further develop her intellect. she tries to escape into a fantasy world where things go her way and her desires are easier to reach."

New goals interest me. It gets boring doing the same old same old. I do like intellectual relationships.

13. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Sep 6, 2012

Your Existing Situation

"Searching for a close bond with others which are accepting and kind. Needs a safe, peaceful atmosphere." I think this is probably true for most people.

Your Stress Sources

"Feels unappreciated and in an unpleasant position. Needs personal recognition and the respect of others, since she has not been about to find partners who value the same things she does. she holds back her emotions and is unable to give fully of himself, but lasting isolation makes her want to change those ways and surrender to her deep urges. Giving in to her natural instincts and urges is a sign of weakness, so feeling this way makes her weak and irritable. Fighting these urges makes her feel stronger, as if she can take on anything that comes her way. Longs to be valued as an important associate and admired for her personal qualities." Some of this really doesn't apply, the rest is true in my work situation (teaching) but not in my personal life.

Current events leave her feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation. Not really.

"Although she is able to find contentment through sexual activity, she feels hopeless to change her problems and difficulties and continues to make the best of what she has."
    What ?? :) does not apply

"Believes her hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that she will not be disappointed or lose." True, but I don't need reassurance

"Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. she is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity, as long as there is not a lot of conflict or emotional difficulty." Not true

Current events leave her feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.
    Not true

Your Desired Objective

"Longs for tenderness and for a feeling of acceptance from a partner. Appreciates things that are beautiful, pleasing to the eye, and stylish." True, but again, this can apply to most people

Your Actual Problem

"Wants to be valued and respected, seeks a close and peaceful relationship with a shared respect of each other." This is not a problem, and again, true for most people.

Your Actual Problem #2

Lack of energy leaves her unnoticed to pursue further activities or demands placed on her. she feels powerless which leaves her agitated and depressed. Tries to escape from her struggles by searching for peaceful and restful conditions in which to relax and recover in an atmosphere full of security.
    Definitely not true.

So now that I think about it, the only things true are those that can be applied to most people. So this is like a bad psychic reading :)

14. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2012

Mine was really negative too! The only thing that was positive was absolutely not true!

15. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Sep 7, 2012

I think all personality tests are bogus. I mean I read some of the ones other people posted and I could agree with 80% of it. Of course I want to be successful and occasionally need peace and quiet.:rolleyes:

This I thought was funny:

My actual problem #2:
    Is afraid she will be held back from obtaining the things she wants leading her to act out with a hectic intensity.

When I first read it I thought it said "hectic insanity" I was like yup! That's me!;)

And the parts I find funny:

Your Desired Objective

"Is very intense person who seeks excitement and sexual stimulation. Wants others to see her as an exciting and interesting person, who is also charming and can easily influence others. Uses her charm to increase her chances of success and gain other people's trust."

Your Existing Situation

"Creative and emotional, looking for ways to further expand those qualities. Looking for a partner who enjoys the same activities. Seeking adventure and new and unusual activities."

16. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 7, 2012

I felt the answers were too vague to convince me that this test was predictive or even accurate. Most people would have related to the answer I got. But then again, I don't believe in horoscopes, or palm readings either.

17. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2012

Your Existing Situation

Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for her own personal gain. True.

Your Stress Sources

"Wants the freedom to follow her own heart, goals, and dreams and to earn the respect as a unique individual. Desires to pursue every possible opportunity without limitations or things standing in her way." True again.

Current events leave her feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation. Extremely true. Not the affection, but this is what is going on at school. I am being forced to conform or kill myself reinventing the wheel.

Has strong emotional demands and is picky when it comes to choosing a partner. she chooses to remain emotionally distant and uninvolved in relationships. Extremely true :blush:

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity. First part- yup. Second part, I am single, so not so much. :lol:

Your Desired Objective

"Always trying to make a good impression on others, and is constantly watching to see if she is succeeding in this. Is interested in how others react to him; this makes her feel in control. Strategically plans out ways to gain further influence over others and special recognition. Is easily distracted by the pleasingly beautiful and original." Somewhat

Your Actual Problem

Longs the freedom to make her own decisions and plans without the criticism and restrictions of others. YES! Uses her charm to deal with others and get what she wants. Not really.

Your Actual Problem #2

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics she likes in other people and apply it to herself as well as coming across as a unique individual." Not really.

18. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Sep 7, 2012

Mine was only accurate for the my current situation and current stresses. Everything else was way off base.

19. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Sep 7, 2012

Mine was hit or miss also. Mine said I am self centered and take things too personally. Well, I am not self centered-in fact, I am the opposite!

20. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2012

Is that something you did online? I would be interested in doing that.

21. Math

Math Cohort

Sep 7, 2012

Your Existing Situation

"He lacks the motivation to put forth effort in achieving his goals. He feels neglected and insecure and is seeking a loving, secure, problem-free environment."

Your Stress Sources

"His current situation or relationship is not up to par, but cannot improve it without help. Hides his vulnerability by holding back affection or being overly expressive. The relationship may be depressing, but the fear of losing too much keeps him around. He wants to be independent and free, but fears the future will be just as disappointing. His situation leaves him sensitive and impatience, seeking a quick escape. His restlessness may destroy the ability to concentrate."

"Emotionally withdrawn, feels forced to make compromises which makes emotional attachments difficult."

"Feels he is carry more than his share of problems. He is flexible and laid back, sticking to his goals and working to overcome any difficulty."

Is feeling emotionally drained from stressful and tense situations. He is in need of peace and quiet in order to overcome his lack of energy and may become irritable if he does not recover.

"Feels he is carry more than his share of problems. He is flexible and laid back, sticking to his goals and working to overcome any difficulty."

Your Desired Objective

Wishes to live a peaceful life with no problems or issues. Seeks security in his life and wishes to avoid things that may tire or drain him.

Your Actual Problem

"Current situation leaves him feeling anxious and restless, producing large amounts of stress and tension. Attempts to escape by appearing at peace and refusing to appear involved or interested."

Your Actual Problem #2

Must protect himself from outside influences or he risks losing his independence and having restrictions placed on him. He wishes to be left alone.

22. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

The quiz doesn't work on my iPad...does it give you a 'color' profile when you are done (there's 4 color personalities: blue, gold, orange or green)? No one seems to be mentioning what 'color' they are...

23. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2012

The one posted didn't give you a color, czacza. And like others, I didn't think it was very accurate.

I found another one online that said I was yellow.

"Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions."

It's mostly accurate. I'm not very charismatic or spontaneous, and I sincerely hope I'm not irresponsible or obnoxious.

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

Thanks, chebrutta. If the link isn't coming out with a blue, gold, orange or green personality profile, it's not the 'real' color test I referenced in the other thread.

25. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 8, 2012

Yeah, This is something totally different than I was talking about. All the "real" color personality test gives you is a general description. Gold people want structure, order, rules, lists, fairness, etc. Blues are generally motivated by peace, cooperation, happiness, emotions, etc. They are the "let's hug it out" people. Greens like to analyze things before making a decision. They also are the big picture people, the thinkers. Oranges are spontaneous, and need to have plenty of opportunity to move, play, and interact. They are also usually really competitive.

People are rarely entirely one color. Most people have a color they are strong in, a secondary color, and then one that is their opposite or least. I worked with a counselor before who always said that when you were feeling down, if you did something to strengthen your least color, you would feel better. I've always found that to be true.

The closest thing to what I've been looking for, without paying for the True Colors program, is here:

http://www.truecolorstest.com/True_Colors_Test.shtml

What brought this up is that often opposite colors have a hard time working together, such as golds and oranges. I think that many of the people who were responding so strongly to the other post may be gold or blue, and that the original poster is likely orange (or maybe a rebellious green.)

26. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Sep 8, 2012

27. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

I just took the one MissCeliaB posted: I'm an equal balance of gold and blue.

28. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2012

Oooh, I just took it, and I'm the same!

I still agree with the other color test (yellow), to a certain extent. I'm super forgetful. Just remembered I did a load of whites last weekend. They're still in the dryer :lol:

29. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Sep 8, 2012

We did the true color test as a staff last year. You will hear us say something like, she's orange. Or, here come the tears, she's a blue. It helped us to understand each other and our perspective. We all have our strengths.

When I took it then, my gold & blue were 1 point apart, with gold coming out on top. Today, my gold was stronger by about 4 points, with blue & green being 1 point apart. I know there are times that I am more blue then gold. It depends on the situation.

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

Many teachers are blue/gold.

31. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Sep 8, 2012

The party planners i.e. social committee at our school is orange!

32. smalltowngal

Sep 8, 2012

I came out gold.

33. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

I got blue...says my strength is people skills, but I don't like most people. Lol. :)

Breakdown:
    Orange, 5
    Gold, 15
    Blue, 19
    Green, 11

34. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

I was equally Blue/Gold.

Blue: 16
    Gold: 16
    Green: 10
    Orange: 8

35. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Sep 8, 2012

Is this a different quiz? The one that was posted here didn't give colors, just a description. Or did I miss it?

36. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

Mine is different than all of yours, I came out green!

Green-17
    Gold-16
    Orange-12
    Blue-5

37. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 8, 2012

I was mostly green as well, and about equal in the rest. I found the first test (that doesn't give you a color) fairly accurate in my current life situation, but I'm not sure if I believe it was more than coincidence.

38. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Sep 8, 2012

Green: 14
    Orange: 13
    Gold: 12
    Blue: 11

Interesting.

39. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

Green: 19