Color-by-Number Math Worksheets?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by S Dubb, Jul 24, 2010.

1. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Jul 24, 2010

A good amount of my kids from years past have really liked doing these during downtime or indoor recess. These are the ones where you have an indecipherable picture of something broken up into many pieces. Each piece has a math problem and you color that piece a different color depending on the answer. When you're done you have a picture of something.

The only decent resource I have is here. Does anyone else have any good online resources for these types of worksheets?

3. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 24, 2010

I have made my own just by taking a simple coloring book page, drawing lines through it and then inserting my own math problems. I added a color code in the margin. I like doing it because I can really customize the problems and it only takes a couple of minutes.

4. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 24, 2010

I used "face the math" last year. I found it at the texas middle school conference. The sell books for all levels and a template to make your own. The students work the problem and have choice of 2 answers. The students are drawing a face and each answer will tell them how to draw something on the face like pointy ears or rounded ears. The book isn't free but I don't remember it being expensive.

5. missidy

missidy Rookie

Jul 24, 2010

Not online, but Scholastic makes a great book called "kaleidoscope". It's copymasters of all types of math problems, and they make nice patterned abstract pictures.

6. MsVanillawafer

MsVanillawafer Rookie

Jul 24, 2010

My 2nd graders loved Kaleidoscope Math. Its good for morning work if you have students trickle in because its a little time consuming depending on the level of math they are doing.

7. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Jul 24, 2010

Thank you for the tips. I'll look into those books. I really like the coloring book idea (very clever!), but it seems like it might be a bit more time consuming than I was hoping for. I'm really just trying to find something simple online...if it's even out there.