College Graduation

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2005

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a gift for a male, college graduate(our son) who has lived on his own for quite a long time.......has all the household stuff and luggage......money? What is appropriate? Need lots of input!

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Apr 16, 2005

Money is always good. What about electronic toys or hobby stuff or a cleaning service (oh sorry, that's what I want).

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 16, 2005

What field is he going into? Would an attache case or expensive pen be appropriate? What about a gift certificate to a men's store? Membership to a gym? Sporting event tickets?

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2005

politics/environmental

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 16, 2005

Okay. Membership to National Geographic Society (small bucks), ecology-themed cruise (big bucks). If he will travel for work, something that will help him there - private club at a frequently used airline, refrigerator for car, ipod or camera-phone ...

7. Jaime99

Jaime99 Rookie

Apr 16, 2005

Take him out to dinner or make him a special dinner. Depending on how materialistic you've raised your son, this should do just fine. Whatever you get, remember: YOU'RE HIS PARENTS. He'll love anything as long as it's sincere. :)

8. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2005

My brother and I always got money for high school and college. I think we each got $100 or something.

9. Bethany

Bethany Rookie

Apr 16, 2005

Grammy teacher, I personally like gifts that are keepsakes, such as a personalized wallet, picture frame, desk things such as paperweight, clock, etc. Pretty much when anyone graduates from college, I tend to want to do something that would be good for a "professional". You can go to websites and order things online (are we allowed to say other websites if they aren't our own, because there is one I LOVE for these kind of gifts.) Anyway, that's my thought!

10. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 16, 2005

You could go the classic route and get a nice watch.

11. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2005

These are all such good suggestions. I have given him money all the years through college, but that is always a good gift. It would be nice to buy something personal though. Keep those ideas coming! Thanks a million guys!

12. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Apr 16, 2005

How about something theme related - environmental - that's personalized? And maybe you could add dinner to that! :)

13. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Apr 16, 2005

one of the neatest things I got for graduation was a cross stitched picture for my office.
    It was a pretty music scene... but I'm a sucker for anything like that...
    I have hand made things from friends, relatives, students that I'll never let go of, because they mean so much because of the deep thought that goes into things like that.

14. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 17, 2005

Go to: www.cowboychuck.com

Then to Special Occasions - then graduation.
    You can get a personalized cartoon or mug.