Closet Organizers-----OMG!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ECE ABC, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 12, 2014

I am officially addicted:haha:

I am on a mission this week to organize ALL my closets before I go back to work on the 26th!

My bedroom closet is pretty wide (not a walk in) and a bit deeper than I had when I lived at home. I am lucky enough to have a shelf up high that goes all the way across and another down below, it made storing bins (up above) and shoes (down below) very easy!

But my clothes that are hanging always looked like a never ending sea of clutter...just overwhelming! And my bags and other things really had no home..they just got put in bins and stored away in my utility closet..so I hardly used them..out of sight out of mind.

Well I decided I wanted more organization..to find things easier and not have to pack away EVERYTHING in bins. I wanted more shelves, smaller ones for other things, especially scarves, purses, larger bags & totes, small hat boxes, etc. and I got one!!! I actually bought it when I moved in but never put it up.

What a difference! This organizer can be for clothing of any kind but I decided to use it for bags & totes, scarves...everything! It hangs from my clothing bar and I decided to attach it (Velcro) right smack in the middle of my closet so my cardigans and sweaters that are hanging are easier to find and look much neater...it basically divides my closet into two sections now.

The compartments are the perfect size!!! I have 6 (large cubes) going down and seriously, I could fit so much more than I have in them if I wanted to!!!

I also have two pretty large white baskets but not sure what I am doing with them yet...may place them in the corner for extra storage if needed.

Just wanted to share :) :) :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2014

I <3 projects like this! It's a great feeling! You'll be so happy when school starts to be able to quickly find everything you need every day! :thumb:

4. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 12, 2014

Yeah I know it will make things so much nicer and it is a great feeling..i can't stop looking at it:lol:

5. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 12, 2014

Just added the white baskets..one actually fits in the organizer..like a drawer :)

Not sure what to keep in it though?

I am going to use the larger white basket in my bathroom for hair items I think.

6. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2014

I told my husband when we move the only thing I wanted from our bedroom besides the bed was my closet organization system. The pieces were expensive and took me months to get all of them, they are perfectly matched and everything.

He thinks I am nuts, so it goes with me and not with him, just so he doesn't attempt to leave it behind! LOL

7. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 12, 2014

Ohhh I can only imagine how expensive the system was. I would do the same thing, its invaluable!! I realize that now how much better everything looks, and i can see it all displayed in front of me too:love::love:

So happy I spent the time doing it and I didn't spend very much money. I only purchased the organizer (years ago) and the white baskets which can be used over and over again (for anything) its so worth it.

8. kaeco510

kaeco510 Companion

Aug 12, 2014

Want to come organize my closet? Lol it has taken on a life of its own these days... I'm afraid to open the door! :)

9. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 12, 2014

LOL:lol:

That's how it was for me..it was so packed I couldn't open the doors without forcing them. I have accordion style doors so I was worried they would break!

It is also good to have a big pile of clothes to give away...i like doing that a few times a year. Honestly I could have given away a lot more and eventually I will.

It looks so good now I still have the doors wide open so I can look at it as soon as I walk into my
    bedroom:love::love:

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2014

If you want to make a trip down to Texas, there's a closet that needs organizing there. ;)

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 13, 2014

I have a closet organizer which works out pretty well BUT my problem is that I don't have closet doors. The previous owners trashed them but we have not replaced them. Is there something I can put up in place of doors? My husband would be able to put up real closet doors but doesn't have the time now since we have other projects going on so does anyone have any ideas on a temporary solution? Would a curtain work? Even though my stuff is all organized it still looks awful.

12. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

Yes! I have been watching videos online for small closet organizing...you can hang up curtains...it looks great and your closet looks bigger, you have better access to the things on the ends...you should check them out. The way they were done in these videos it looked great!

Seriously, I haven't shut my closet doors since I have organized it:woot:

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 13, 2014

Good to know. I will check it out. Whatever $$ I have left over from my back to school shopping I'll see if I can get a rod and curtain. I just hate when all my stuff is showing!!

14. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

It did get a lot of good ideas from them. I even moved things around in my room so I could have more of a dressing area :)

My bathroom actually has a vanity and dressing area to get ready in the morning but my bedroom closet is so far away from it.

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 13, 2014

I can't even read this whole thread because I will start going nuts with the need to organize.

16. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

Ohhh yeah! Its very contagious:D

17. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2014

I have been doing through all my old teaching stuff all day. Could someone explain to me why I kept a copy of EVERY SINGLE LESSON I HAVE EVER TAUGHT?

My kids and sister are threatening an intervention and rehab. They only promise to let me off if I promise to NEVER do it again.

I make no promises....... :rolleyes:

18. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

That's how I am..i have saved so many things..i have old teaching binders and boxes full of stuff!

I save everything..not just clothing..but weird things like candles I have already used and that are done:blush: the ones I get from Home Goods the real pretty glass or jar ones!!

I just finished a candle that came in a white ceramic jar and I saved the jar and stuck faux hydrangea in it...so pretty!

19. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2014

I love an organized closet too!! :D I even hang my tops by color!! :D

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 14, 2014

SubCT, sounds fabulous! :thumb: Each of my hangers hold 2-4 tops because I don't have much closet space anymore at the apt I'm in now...don't even have a walk-in here! :mad: I want to someday have a whole room dedicated to holding my clothing, shoes, bags, etc. like what this lady has:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A5WRpp4glA&list=UUKHO2e2sy2wqu1Ch8j7zfrA

Speaking of organization, I need to bring over my sunglass holder from my parents' house. My holder looks similar to this, but larger to hold about 20 pairs:

http://www.ctswholesalesunglasses.c...I9Xs7xIqsFh-OgmeccXmmFgQwhJMrPZQj4aAtlC8P8HAQ

21. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 14, 2014

I just reorganized my closet too! I have a large closet, but it is an odd shape and I have a lot of stuff and it gets jumbled through the school year. One of the new things I did was put some command hooks on the end of one of the shelves and the back of the closet door for belts, scarves, and things like that.

22. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 14, 2014

LOVE THAT IDEA!

I was thinking of placing hooks on the sides of the closets..i could fit a lot of bags on (inner corners) both sides I didn't realize how deep my closet actually was..even though its not a walk in at all I can definitely maximize space and fit moe things if I use the sides..and even the back.

I have been going through my home now trying to organize everything I can...lol!

And I still won't close my bedroom closet doors yet:haha:

23. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 14, 2014

I've watched those videos all week, I love them..so many great ideas:)

I didn't even know people had large organizers specifically for eyeglasses or even scarves:eek:hmy::cool: I just realized that watching all these videos. I knew about the hanging jewelry organizers my mom has one..she has one for necklaces, its nice. I still use my tall jewelry boxes for those.

I only have 2 pair plus my reading glasses so I have a little cloth container I put them in, the cloth container is now in one of my shelves so I have them right there to grab before I leave.
    I really love the shelving unit...i have everything right there and my bags are on display too!!!

I am also trying to put my scarves someplace I can grab them quickly but they won't end up on my closet floor...right now I have them hanging where my winter coats are in a separate closet, my utility walk-in near my front door (so I can grab them when I leave for the day) I might just leave them there..not sure.

I don't want my bedroom closet getting all overly crowded and messy again:p