Closet Door Boards.

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by musicbug, Aug 15, 2002.

1. musicbug

musicbug Rookie

Aug 15, 2002

I finally was able to get in my classroom. When I got there I was slightly bamboozled by the tiny bulletin boards attached to the kids coat closets and my teacher closet. I decided to use them as a group to showcase writing.The only problem is the doors tend to swing when you are stapling. Does any one have similar boards? The teacher who had the room before me just postered each door. The big plus is that each has been painted a bright color.(no need to cover yea!!!!) I've never seen anything like this.:eek:

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 15, 2002

You could get this stuff that looks like corkboard but is sticky like a post-it note... you just press the paper up there and TA DA! It stays. I forgot where I saw it, but it was neat... no stapling needed. You could get a post-it glue stick or something like it for sticking the papers up there. You could get cheap clip board and fasten them up there somehow.

Lori

4. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Aug 16, 2002

I always hot glue clothespins to the wall/board and that way it makes changing the writing samples/student work a snap.

Nick

5. AJK

AJK Pre-k Montessori Teacher

Aug 16, 2002

You can get foam board (relatively cheap) at any Office Depot-type store and attach it to your doors (glue?). The foam board will work like cork board and is usually a lot cheaper.

<...I was slightly bamboozled by the tiny bulletin boards attached to the kids coat closets...>

I was born, grew up and still live in Miami, FL. The mention of "the kids coat closets" made me smile. Sometimes I forget how different classrooms must be depending on where you live :)

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 16, 2002

Yeah, A J, can't you just smell the wet wool? lol

Debbie in West Palm Beach