Cleavage

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by YoungTeacherGuy, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

May 29, 2012

It's disrespectful to talk about women and how they look? This is news to me.

2. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

May 29, 2012

Yeah that post was just awful. But anyways...

I don't think writing them up was necessary. Boys talk about people they like, just like girls do. It crosses a line when it becomes disrespectful or disruptive. But I think a verbal reprimand would have been sufficient.

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 29, 2012

We have two kindergarten teachers who dress like they are clubbing, but so does my boss at times. It makes me mad we can't wear jeans, but they can wear mini skirts that show their panties when they sit down at the lunch table in front of the kids.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 29, 2012

Honestly, even saying that someone has big or nice breasts is not appropriate. I get it that the teacher might have put them out there, but it's still not okay for students to comment on them at school in earshot of others.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 29, 2012

Caesar, I agree with you too when it comes to kids talking at school about it. It's the OP who said since when is it disrespectful to talk about how a woman looks.

6. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

May 29, 2012

:lol:
    I'm crackin up at that.
    At the same time I do understand that students should not be discussing these things at school because other people can hear it. Yes it is not good, thus they need a talking to about that. I recently had a very similar conversation with a girl in regards to her comments about a female teacher. I told her it was disrespectful. That is what I needed to say to her.
    In my head I was thinking that what she said is outstanding and hilarious and have told the story to many people. And it has gotten laughs every time.

7. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

May 29, 2012

Ms I, my mouth dropped open when I read the post about what they might have said!:lol: I couldn't picture you typing that. I get what you are saying though.

If other districts are required to go to sexual harassment trainings, then I assume I'm not the only one who knows that any discussion at school about the body of someone else is considered sexual harassment. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but I understand that's the way it is. The boys need to understand that too. Hopefully the referral helped them understand that certain thoughts should not come flying out of their mouth (especially if they aren't aware of who is within ear shot).

Now, I will admit that when a sub custodian was on campus for a week last month, there were a few of us who talked about him. He was attractive with amazing arms.:blush: If someone overheard us, we would've been reprimanded. :whistle:

8. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

May 29, 2012

Is your colleague aware that the boys are discussing her attributes in this way? Isn't there a line manager who can have a word with her?

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 29, 2012

callmebob & msmullenjr, LOL, yes, I don't personally talk crassly like that, but I just wanted to make the point of how one thing is much worse to say than something else. :)

10. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 29, 2012

I never said that.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 29, 2012

Sorry, it was callmebob.

12. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

May 29, 2012

Yes Yes, I'll take credit it was me.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 30, 2012

Wowza.:dizzy: I'm just a bit shocked....speechless....just :wow:

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 30, 2012

Geeeeeez... ok. Think this needs to be closed before it gets worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.