Clear cred. CA teacher looking to add ed specialist mod/severe

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Bibliophile, Jun 15, 2019.

  1. Bibliophile

    Bibliophile Companion

    Jul 5, 2015
    Likes Received:

    Jun 15, 2019

    Hi, I see one post below about this (in reverse) but I would love a little more info about programs, what is like, ect.

    I hold a clear cred. in CA but I am thinking about adding an m/s ed specialist. It seems like there are a lot of programs that go the other direction, and many that add auths to current ed specialist credentials, and a few that let you add a mild/ moderate but I cant find much of anything about going from multi subject to ed specialist M/S. What are my choices? What was the cost? How long did it take? Was it awful? I dont think I would have any trouble beginning as an intern if I wanted to since my district has a hard time filling mod/severe positions now and several people at the district level have seen me teach these kids successfully at ESY each year and commented that I should add a sped credential.

    I know that I would need to go through supervised teaching again, as well as induction-ack
    I know I would need some classes
    I already have my CSET and RICA obviously

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. Zbigniew Sobiecki
Total: 222 (members: 2, guests: 191, robots: 29)