Cleaning room again!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by iloveschool, Jul 19, 2011.

1. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Jul 19, 2011

Well I'm off to my room again after 9 hours of cleaning out filing cabinets yesterday!! I have put in around 100 hours this summer. I can finally see the finish line!! Wish me luck!! :thumb:

3. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 19, 2011

We can't get into our classrooms over the summer, so I have BOXES of stuff in my garage that I need to go through. I've barely made it through 1 box and we've been out of school for a month now :eek:. Maybe another day....right? ;) Good luck on finishing your room!

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2011

Wow! We don't get access into our rooms until the week before our kids come. You have done quite a lot of work.

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 19, 2011

My room is completely cleaned from top to bottom. Our custodians do a fantastic job... floors refinished, windows washed, cubbies washed, sink and counter scrubbed, desk tops washed. My room rug also gets a shampooing. They also put back all furniture where I request it as we have to leave room maps. I feel so blessed to have these men and women working in my school.

6. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2011

I have alot of files of paper, worksheets, activities that I need to go through, but I have a feeling I am just going to go in and throw most all of it away to get rid of the clutter. There is just too much stuff that has collected over the years. I want to keep things simple this year.

7. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 19, 2011

I wish that I could get into my room before the year begins... sadly I will have 2 a possible 3 workdays before the children come.... so my work on the file cabinet will have to wait. I inherited the classroom after a teacher retired... so you can imagine all the wonderful things that I was blessed with... to organize, file and the list goes on.

Did I mention that I'm going into my 2nd year... and my goals this year was better record keeping as well as staying organized and filing things away..

8. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 19, 2011

I went in today for a couple of hours. I got to feeling sick though (literally) and came home. I moved from a smaller classroom to one that is a bit bigger, and everything is in boxes and stacks, wall to wall. It is really overwhelming. I am glad I still have about a month to get it all done. (By the way, congrats, iloveschool, on getting so much done!) :D

9. Kaylee hutton

Kaylee hutton Rookie

Jul 20, 2011

Good Luck, Pal..:thumb:

10. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 20, 2011

I'm going back into my classroom the first week in August. Between PD classes, doctor's appointments (I currently have vertigo!), and trying to fit in some time with my grandkids, I just can't get in till then!

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2011

I have a meeting at school tonight.

But I'm not touching all the stuff I have to move until the end of August.