Classroom Website

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jde3399, Jul 18, 2012.

1. jde3399

jde3399 Rookie

Jul 18, 2012

Hey All! I have been working on my classroom website this summer (one of many projects :) ). I wanted some feedback on what you guys think. It is still a work in progress, so some pages are not up yet. I also wanted to know if there are some things that I have missed that I should add. Thanks for your input!!! :D

http://msemerysclass.weebly.com/index.html

3. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2012

It's super cute! I found the ABC's of 2nd grade a little hard to read because it wasn't aligned properly. I would probably add a homework area, maybe a school calendar, and a page for links to important sites, like your school's website, etc.

4. meglucy

meglucy Companion

Jul 19, 2012

Darling! I have to ask about ice cream ... is that in the cafeteria or your classroom? Yum!

5. tgim

tgim Habitué

Jul 20, 2012

Very cute! I rebuilt our grade level website using weebly, but it isn't as cute as yours. Did your template come from the free group or the "pro" group - if I may ask....

We are also doing book bags, so I appreciate your easy to understand explanation for parents. Looks great!!

6. jde3399

jde3399 Rookie

Jul 20, 2012

Thanks

tgim

I used to free group and chose a template out of their design packages and then I was able to edit the html in the CSS page, which is the page with all the codes. I bought the graphics from thistlegirl and was able to use that on the website.

meglucy
    The cafeteria serves ice cream on those days, so it is nice if you need something swee :D

7. tgim

tgim Habitué

Jul 20, 2012

So cute! And very informative!

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2012

Love it! Noticed 2 spelling errors on the ABC page- students (in attendance line) and newsletter (in newsletters line). Can I borrow that whole ABCs of 2nd grade bit? I love it!

9. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2012

Seems like it will be easy to navigate. Great work.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2012

Cute! Could you possibly edit the buttons to put the navigation information on the button instead of below? For example, put "This Week" inside the button. I think that would look nice. :)

11. jde3399

jde3399 Rookie

Jul 21, 2012

leighbball
    I came up with those after looking at other examples online and making it geared toward my class/school. You are absolutely welcome to use them. I also made a condensed version of the ABCs of second grade and made into a trifold/brochure to give to my parents on open house night (our open house is before school starts) :)

12. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 21, 2012

Thanks! Love the idea of the tri-fold!