Classroom website on google sites

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MuckeyBusiness, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

Nov 20, 2012

Does anyone have a classroom website through there school? My job has set up where we can have websites through google through our work email.... let me know please?!

3. curlyone

curlyone Rookie

Nov 20, 2012

4. TamaraF

TamaraF Companion

Nov 22, 2012

I have a website that is connected to my school site, but because I'm picky I chose to use blogger, and link to it through school, rather than use the school site. I'm at http://www.mrsfalkenberg.blogspot.com.

5. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Nov 22, 2012

My school also went with google for everything last year. Google is pretty easy to figure out and they have explanations for how to do just about everything.

6. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2012

I moved over to Google sites when Microsoft OfficeLive shut down last year. I'm loving it.

www.mrroughton.com

7. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Nov 24, 2012

As a fellow science techer, thank you for sharing your site! My school just started Google docs this year- with a really poor introduction and we didn't have it until about a month into school- *sigh* anyways, but right now we're still using one site for grades k-4 and Moodle for grades 5-6. I'm hoping that next year we can be directed to just use one site- our tech coordinator wants to go to just using Google docs (duh that makes sense) but he's new this year and we're getting a new principal next year so who knows.

I'm planning on creating my own- regardless of the directions of my P - during Spring Break. Having examples of what works is so helpful- THANK YOU!

8. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Nov 24, 2012

Funny that you posted this because I was just trying to build one today! Apparently I can link GoogleDocs with the iPads so that kids can assess via my classroom website. :woot:

9. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Nov 24, 2012

I like Google Sites, too. I have used some other web hosting services in the past, but Google has been the easiest for me (and it's free).

10. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Nov 24, 2012

Just a question... Why does it state in your blog that you had class on Thanksgiving? I have a blog too. I am just wondering how the dates could be so wrong?

11. curlyone

curlyone Rookie

Nov 27, 2012

You're welcome! My school wanted all teachers to create and maintain a site starting last year, I was a little ticked off about it at the time, so I put my resume on it! :whistle: My site has been a work in progress since then! I encourage my students to refer to it ALL the time, by posting homework and study guide answers to my lesson plans.