Classroom Themes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ready2teachintx, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jul 14, 2008

What is your classroom theme for this coming year? I am thinking about doing a ZOO theme. Anyone out there done a zoo theme before? Any ideas would be great!

Oh, I also like a "team" theme (sports). :thanks:

3. Iteachtwo

Iteachtwo Companion

Jul 14, 2008

I'm thinking about the Olympics.

4. rabyoga

rabyoga Rookie

Jul 14, 2008

I did a sports theme the last 2 years- I called my kids the "All-Stars" and had songs,etc. This year I'm doing a Hawaiian/Tropical theme-I'm giving my kids Leis and surfboard book marks and we are going to "read" our way to Hawaii. Plus I want to adopt a sea turtle as our class pet. :cool:

5. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 14, 2008

Do you have a Joanns? Micheals?
    They have some really cute wooden cut out animal shapes that are painted--really cute! You could glue clips or magnets to the back of them to display the kiddo's work. I thought about using these (in beach theme) as name tags on my kids desks. I thought I could write their names on them and hot glue them to the corner of the desk and then at the end of the year, they could have them.

6. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 14, 2008

Sports theme...

7. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jul 14, 2008

If you did the sports theme you could take pictures of the kids wearing baseball caps and make "MVP" sports cards with their picture on the front and information (name, birthday, favorite things, etc) on the back. Then you could hang them from the ceiling or something. :)

8. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jul 14, 2008

Snickydog,
    Cute idea...thanks:) I don't want to give up on a zoo theme just yet. I have a really cute zoo train alphabet poster. All different animals. That is what gave me the idea. Keep in mind..these are kids ages 3 -5. So I want to keep it simple and fun.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2008

I've done sports before, last year American Idol. I like the Olympics idea, also toying with 'Hollywood' or 'Bees' (I'm concerned about the dwindling bee population and want to incorporate into my science studies)....I don't do a whole room theme- Just bulletin boards, door decor, name tags...

10. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 14, 2008

I do have a theme, but I doubt I'll go very far with it, as far as decorating goes. I couldn't decide between a solar system and a garden theme, so I decided to do "night time garden." It's pretty silly, I know LOL

I also looooove anything Apple or iPod, so I've been incorporating that where I can. I made a poster tonight for things that Successful Students do. I listed some things good students do on the screen of an ipod. If anyone wants to see it I'll PM it, it's pretty cool, if I can say so myself :)

11. joyee

joyee Rookie

Dec 4, 2012

Its helpful discussion, indeed all the above participants perform well...