Classroom Store

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cocobean, Jul 7, 2016.

1. cocobean

cocobean Companion

Jul 7, 2016

I have decided to have a mix of tangible items and experiences in my classroom store. I have included things like, pencil, eraser, homework pass, sit by a friend, lunch with the teacher, etc.

If you have a classroom store, what are some of your students' favorite items to "purchase"?

3. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Jul 7, 2016

Since I am a departmentalized 4th grade with 70 students, a class store became WAY too cumbersome to remember who had visited and who didn't. There were several students who visited numerous times while others never visited (my fault for not remembering). This year I will only be doing whole-class rewards and a homework club.

When I did have my store or prize box I included things from the dollar tree like markers, crayons, notepads, paint, play-doh, candies, coupons for free homework, etc. I also saw that sometimes the more cost effective way to purchase prizes was at Party-city/Oriental Trading. Their favorite items were from Party City.... slime/gak, mini rubrics cube, play-doh, warhead candy, and any other candy really.

cocobean likes this.