Classroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 19, 2006

Your room looks excellent Kirby!!!

I am so jealous of everyone's classrooms. You have so much space. I teach a K-2 mild autism class and my class is the second smallest classroom in the school. The 3-5 mild autism class is the smallest (I gave that teacher first choice and she wanted the room with the outside door). The clinic is larger than my classroom -- this I know for sure because it was my classroom last year. I don't know what I will do if I max. out at 11 students :eek: . Well...actually I know what I will do if I get 2 more students, as my sp. ed. classroom is suppose to have a certain square footage for each student and I know it will be too small if I get 2 more students. To think that there are 2 large classrooms sitting empty in the kindergarten wing:( .

My co-workers have said that I worked wonders with my small space but I feel really uncomfortable being so restricted. The only real open space is the rug I use for large group -- calender, group meetings.... I am just hoping that I do not get a child with a severe behavior problem because I fear someone will get hurt in such a tight space (thank goodness my child from last year was sent to a special site school for students who don't fit in a self-contained program in a general education school).

2. LATechTeacher

LATechTeacher Companion

Aug 19, 2006

Teach2Inspire where do you get the cards in your language arts area that have the th, sh, and all the vowels with pictures? I think they would really help my 2nd graders.

3. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 19, 2006

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2006

Love the Little House mural. Did you do that??

5. Teach2Inspire

Teach2Inspire Comrade

Aug 19, 2006

LATechTeacher - Those are letter sound cards that came with our Houghton Mifflin reading series.

6. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Aug 20, 2006

Miss Kirby, I love your room, it's so cute! I especially like the noise level traffic light chart. I have a traffic light chart, too, and didn't know what to do with it, but now I'm going to steal your idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

7. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 20, 2006

Thanks! I'm sure I got the traffic light idea somewhere from here. This site is awesome.

8. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 20, 2006

A parent of a student did it for me. She had me help, but she did most of it....for only the cost of the paint!

9. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Aug 20, 2006

katenar, I was just rebrowsing through all the pics on here and I noticed your Reading Bingo chart. Can you explain what you do on that?

10. ruralneteach

ruralneteach Rookie

Aug 23, 2006

I have enjoyed everyone's so much and have gleaned lots of great ideas.

I finally got some pictures of my classroom taken and downloaded. They are in the multi-age album at this address:

http://photos.yahoo.com/schnelltrudy

11. Teach2Inspire

Teach2Inspire Comrade

Aug 23, 2006

ruralneteach - WOW!! How many books do you have? I am jealous.:) Your room looks great. What grade do you teach?

12. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2006

I love your room. Very colorful and inviting, the same way I hope my room will turn out. Did you make that bulletin board covered with newspaper on top of the whiteboard? How did you get it to stay? Did you use hot glue or something else?
    Great job by the way.:)

13. ruralneteach

ruralneteach Rookie

Aug 24, 2006

Teach2Inspire ---- I don't know for sure exactly how many books there are because I am still working on putting them all into a database. My team teacher and I have estimated our collection at about 5,500. 80% are leveled. We spent almost the entire summer leveling books and finally made a pact that neither one of us would go to a garage sale. We still have approximately 450 checked out for my summer reading program.

Youngteacher226 --- the newspaper is just stapled to the bulletin board. It's a regular bulletin board.

14. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 24, 2006

attaching pictures

I tried to attach pictures of my classroom but I don't see a way to attach a word document! HELP

15. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Aug 24, 2006

Katie - what grade do you use homeworkopoly for? It looks like a fun incentive - do you think it's too babyish for 5th graders?
    Thanks!
    Jen

16. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Aug 24, 2006

5th or 6th grade rooms?

I scrolled through this thread and saw a ton of FABULOUS rooms which make me wish I were teaching 1st or 3rd grade because of all the cutesy stuff you can do and have fun with.... did I miss someone's 5th or 6th grade pictures? I'd LOVE to see!! Thanks!

17. katenar

katenar Cohort

Aug 24, 2006

Hi Jen ~

I teach 5th grade and they LOVE it! They get so excited when they know it's time to play.

Katie

18. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2006

I posted my room... it still has a ton of work to be done because I inherited it from someone who retired.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ilovetoteach5th/my_photos

19. NCP

NCP Comrade

Aug 24, 2006

20. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 25, 2006

I was going to post my pictures, and then we recieved some more furniture. I'm going to have to arrage my room a little differently before I can fit those gigantic cubbies in my room. Plus, everything's starting to fall down since we're only allowed to use masking tape or mavelous tape. I've got to find a ladder to get some of it back up. I'll post the before and after pictures once I get that done.
    For those of you that have posted-looks great!

21. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 25, 2006

Miss W.....I can't seem to access you class website through your link...? HELP?

22. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 25, 2006

They're switching it over to our new school website, so you can't access it right now. Hopefully they'll be finished with it soon.

23. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 25, 2006

:) Thanks!

24. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 25, 2006

25. NCP

NCP Comrade

Aug 25, 2006

halpey1

I really like the way you have your big books stored under your board. What a great idea!

26. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 25, 2006

NCP - Thanks - although I can't really take credit for that - the room just came that way - with those storage areas there... I also store privacy boards there too.

27. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 25, 2006

You can find mine by going to wcde.org/bce and then go to the first grade Nelson. I have a classroom tour I just added today. Do you think it will be informative for the parents?

28. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 25, 2006

Can you post the link by typing the entire address?

29. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 25, 2006

address

I tried that but it said I was a new member and couldn't!

30. NCP

NCP Comrade

31. NCP

NCP Comrade

Aug 25, 2006

Iteachfirst

Looks great! I think the parents will definitely like the tour.

32. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 25, 2006

ncp

yes, that's it. Thanks for posting it for me! Does it take a certain number of posts to be an actual member?

33. NCP

NCP Comrade

Aug 25, 2006

I think you do in order to post links and things, but I don't know how many.

34. Youngteacher226

Aug 25, 2006

Iteachfirst, great classroom!! Very colorful and inviting. Where did you get the chair bags that you have on the student's chairs? They are very cute. Also, what do you have hanging on the chart stand in the poetry center? The ones that you have on hangers. Are they poems that you made or are they charts? Do you allow the children to read them while they are in the center?

35. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 25, 2006

Very nice and organized classroom!

And thank you NCP for posting the link!
    Very kind of you!

36. Mrs.M

Mrs.M Rookie

Aug 25, 2006

Your have a very nice room. I have a question. On one of your pictures I noticed you had 4 different colored plastic garbage cans(?) I saw them at the dollar store. What do you use them for, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

37. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 26, 2006

38. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 26, 2006

classroom

Hi,
    Thanks for the nice comments! On the question about my poetry center--some of the poems I purchased such as nursery rhyme charts and songs. Most I just printed on chart paper and added pictures to it and then laminated them. I am so lucky because one or our new IA is a great artist. This year we'll be able to let her add the illustrations to our poems. I print out each poem for the students and let them illustrate theirs to add to their poetry notebooks.

The two little chairs I purchased at WalMart for $6 each. I got them around Christmas last year. I haven't seen them lately at our local Wally World. They were in the furniture section.

39. Youngteacher226

Aug 26, 2006

What do you have on the back of the children's chairs? They look like chair bags for the children to keep their books in. Where did you purchase them or did you have someone make them?

40. Iteachfirst

Iteachfirst Rookie

Aug 26, 2006

chair pockets

I made the chair pockets myself. We use them for clipboards, folders, etc. Since we have storage in the desks, I purchases 4 qt. shoe boxes for their supplies and a desk tray that I got at Big Lots several years ago to hold their books, poetry folder, dictionary,etc. We don't have that many books in first grade so it works well and helps to keep them organized.