Classroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 7, 2006

These classrooms are amazing! I wish there was a service that could come in and design our classrooms for us! Maybe we'll see a show on TV one day on Designer's Challenge....a classroom!!!
    I would hire either of you! You are creative and organized and it's all functional!!
    Bravo!

2. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Aug 7, 2006

It is so funny you mentioned that. I had a friend just the other day say she wanted someone to do her room...just give them the pile of stuff and they put it all up...there could possibly be a market for that. TLC's Trading Classrooms. :)

3. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 7, 2006

Thanks... I have 6 centers:

Teacher Center- I teach each group the phonics/reading lesson for the day

Independent Center- Here they are assigned workbook pages and must do it independently for a grade.

Reading Center- They read the story of the week and other books.

Writing Center- This is a mix of things: journal, write a story, handwriting...

Computer- Work on computer programs,

Listening- This is like the reading center but with books on tape.

They also complete worksheets or activities for me at many of the centers.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/kcontreras19/

4. usmcwife04

usmcwife04 New Member

Aug 7, 2006

I love those foam mats.. in fact I am going to Sam's Club tommorow to buy them! (hopefully they will still have them)! Thank you for all your wonderful pictures. I was hired mid-year last year, was stuck in a little room with no resources or support to teach 20+ Kindergarteners.. this year, i am at a new school **yeah!!** with a big classroom and furniture! (imagine that!) I will be getting into my new room the end of this week and promise to post pictures after.

Where do you all buy your containers for your books? It seems to be too expensive at walmart.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 7, 2006

I buy lots of containers at dollar stores... for me, Dollar Tree seems to be the best, but check around.

6. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 7, 2006

These rooms are way too cute!! I hope my room turns out half as good as these. I'm on my way to a high school. Any suggestions on how to make the room cute but not elementary?

7. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 7, 2006

I bought my containers for the books from lakeshorelearning.com for about 3 dollars each. I have also seen them on reallygoodstuff.com.

8. katenar

katenar Cohort

Aug 7, 2006

Actually they did do a classroom once on While You Were Out. It was a class in Texas and it was really neat. They had their own picture booth in the room!! :D

However, I wasn't too crazy about the colors they painted the walls. Orange and blue....reminded me of high school. ha ha.

9. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 7, 2006

Did the person whose classroom was done like the end result? Wouldn't it be awful if you thought your room was great and a well-meaning friend did the "While You Were Out" thing for your classroom?
    I always wonder if friendships are ever over after that show...especially Trading Spaces!!! LOL
    I would hire someone to do my classroom. I covered all of my bulletin boards with paper today and felt so proud!!! That's about as talented as I am. The pictures on here are crazy beautiful!!!

10. alteacher84

alteacher84 Companion

Aug 7, 2006

http://misshughes-nmcs4th.spaces.live.com/

this is the site i uploaded my pics on...several of my teaching friends did the same so we could show each other our classrooms since we're all over the country now...
    the pics were taken last week so ive added things and cleaned up some since then but ill be adding more pics as i take them...i also have a comment posted on each pic so you know what you are looking at...
    amanda

11. AZKinderTchr

AZKinderTchr Comrade

Aug 7, 2006

12. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Aug 8, 2006

Here's my room. It's not nearly as big as some of your rooms, but I like it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mimi223

Mimi223 Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

Wow! These classrooms are great. I live in Chicago and haven't started the school year yet. I can't wait to share my pictures..

14. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

15. Mimi223

Mimi223 Rookie

Aug 8, 2006

16. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

mrs. noble, your room looks great. Where did you get the projector? I'm looking for one for my own classroom but they are so expensive. Also, what do you use the clothespins for?

17. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 8, 2006

loves2teach -
    I love the rug in your library and your curtains. Very cute!

18. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 8, 2006

TXTCHR29 - I love my floor tiles from Sam's!!! They are so easy to clean!:) I really like your letters hanging from the ceiling! Are they paper or foam?! Did you buy them or make them? How are they hanging? I thought I noticed a clothespin? Please share! I would love to do this in my room!:) Thanks for sharing!

19. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

Thanks! They are foam, I made them using our die-cut letters at school. They are hanging from a clothespin.

20. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

Updated Class Photos!

Ok, school starts TOMORROW!!! (I still haven't prepared mentally!!) My room is finally finished! I'm very happy with the way it turned out this year!

Writing Station
    [​IMG]
    Supply Shelf
    [​IMG]
    Whole Classroom
    [​IMG]
    Listening Station and Browsing Book Baskets
    [​IMG]
    Class Library. Books organized by themes.I change them out every 6 weeks. Books have a colored card in the inside pocket to match the color on the shelf so students know where to put the books back.
    [​IMG]
    Student Work will go on this wall.
    [​IMG]
    Supplies for Guided Reading Groups
    [​IMG]
    Giving Tree on my door, requesting additional supplies for our room.
    [​IMG]
    Rules and Behavior Chart
    [​IMG]
    Art Station, Puzzles and Games, Handwriting Stations
    [​IMG]
    Outside my classroom door.
    [​IMG]
    Teaching Easel (I LOVE this!! Paper on one side and magnetic on back. I've also attached a pocket chart to the back)
    [​IMG]

21. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Aug 8, 2006

Your room looks fabulous!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. Have a great 1st day tomorrow. Our school starts the 17th...just a week and a day away!! Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of my room this weekend. I am still fine tuning it.

22. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 8, 2006

TXTCHR29 where did you get the cute baskets that are in your Listening Station pic and Guided Reading Supplies pic? They are very cute.

23. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Aug 8, 2006

Thank You!! I got the baskets from Dollar Tree, gotta love Dollar Tree!!!

24. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 8, 2006

You guys are all amazing.

Dollar Tree is the best.

25. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 9, 2006

:wow: I second that emotion!

26. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Aug 9, 2006

Our principal got funding for our projector and ELMO. This year we also qualified for a grant and we are getting Prometheum(sp?) boards.

The clothespins (on the white paper) are a management strategy. If I want the kids to get ready for Science and they have English out, the first group completely ready gets their clothespin to the next number. The groups that reach 5 all get candy. Then they go back to 1.

27. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 9, 2006

I used an ELMO at a school before and I still can't believe these aren't in every school, everywhere!!! They are fantastic!

I don't know what the acronym stands for but this is what an ELMO does....You know how an overhead projector projects images from a transparency and everything you write shows on the screen?
    Ok....an ELMO projects whatever you put on the platform!!!! Yep...a book page, your hand, a blank sheet of paper to write on, a student paper....with a pen or pencil....!!! You can project both in color and in black or white. You can zoom in or out!!!
    I still remember it fondly!

I used it for a whole school year. It made life so much easier!!!
    My equipment also ran through the computer, internet, and CABLE TV..........

Now I'm back to my lil' ole overhead...but the memories will last forever!!! LOL

28. Nichole

Nichole Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

Here are pictures of my classroom:

[​IMG]
    The bulletin board on the wall is for student work. I took construction paper and attached prongs (you can buy them at Staples or Office Max) so that paper can easily be slid onto the construction paper. At the end of the year, I just give the students the construction paper/prong and they have work samples for the entire year. There are two laptop carts, which are courtesy of the grant I won a year ago. The container on the right is our math manipulatives. You'll also notice the birthday cupcake on the side of the large bookcase. There are sprinkles to go with it that you put students names/birth date on.

[​IMG]
    This is my storage area and the counter space is used for writing supplies. I have dictionaries/thesauri, paper, pencil sharpener, and a radio/CD player (I always play classical music while students write or various other times throughout the day) there.

[​IMG]
    This is the view from the front of my classroom. For the past few years, I've always had my students face in the direction of the large whiteboard, but this year I decided to try something different. I start them off in rows and eventually they will go into a horseshoe shape or groups. I'm also using the cubbies for students textbooks as a way (I hope!) to get students to stay more organized. The desks are fairly small so not much will fit in them.

[​IMG]
    This is what the front of my room looks like. I have the horseshoe table at the front of the room so that when I'm meeting with small groups, I am able to view what the rest of the class is doing. The two bulletin boards behind the horseshoe table are for writing. The one on the right is for 6-Traits. I plan on putting up a poster for the specific trait that we're working on and then I will put up work samples that are good examples of that trait. The one on the left is for the Writing Process. Students will have a paper crayon, glue bottle, pencil, or eraser that they will move through the writing process as a way to make sure they are using each step. I've used this for two years now and it really has helped my students stay on track.

[​IMG]
    This is where I post all my Essential Rules, which are based off of Ron Clark's, The Essential 55. There are 30 of them.

[​IMG]
    This is the 6-Traits board that I mentioned above.

[​IMG]
    This is the Writing Process board that I mentioned above.

[​IMG]
    This is what I would call MY area. Some of you may notice the Apprentice Organizer on my desk. I love that thing! It literally holds everything.

[​IMG]
    This is my Character Counts! board. Each student will have a baggie on the board and they will earn beads throughout the year when they demonstrate a Character Counts! trait. At the end of the year, they take all of the beads they've earned and make a keychain.

[​IMG]
    This is the large white board I used to face my students towards. I'm using it this year for my word wall, conference schedules (SSR and writing), noise level poster, classroom expectations, and charts that we develop throughout the year.

[​IMG]
    This is my classroom library. I have organized the books by genres, authors or topics. Each bin is labeled by a certain color sticker, which is also on the books in the basket. My students last year were pretty good about keeping the books in the correct book bins, so it was worth the two days of work to get my library looking like this.

[​IMG]
    This is my Homeworkopoly board (google "homeworkopoly" if you want to get it) and I'm hoping that it makes students excited about completing their homework. Every Friday, students who have completed all of their homework and have had their agendas signed for the week will get to role two dice. Then they will move around the board. There are Chance and Community Chest cards, as well as Brain Binders and a Prize Box square. When students make their way around the entire board, they will learn a homework coupon.

[​IMG]
    Workshop Way is something I learned from a friend of mine who teaches at my school. When a student finishes an assignment, they will go to the board and complete task one and then work there way through the list of activities. There are twenty of them all together. This will keep students from saying they have no thing to do or them trying to sit and do nothing. The crates on the table hold all the stuff they need to complete the tasks on the board.

29. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Aug 10, 2006

Wow!
    That's what I call organised! Excellent!

What are you using those colored papers to? Those that are on the wall on the first picture? (I counted to many for the alphabet..)

30. Ann2006

Ann2006 Cohort

Aug 10, 2006

Do you really have 33 students??? WOW!
    I admire your wonderful organization as well! Lovely room.

31. asumountaineer

asumountaineer Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

1st-yr-teacher, where did you get the monkey that is in the bucket? I am doing a monkey theme in my classroom and he is so cute! Thanks!

32. asumountaineer

asumountaineer Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

AZKinderTeacher, I LOVE how you formed your tables. That is a very creative! It also serves as a shape lesson!

33. asumountaineer

asumountaineer Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

TXTCHR29- First of all, good luck! I guess today is your second day of school. I love your pictures!! What does it say on your "Giving Tree" paper? Also, I love the basket with the mouse that says "SHH Quiet." What else is in that basket? What do you use that for?
    Thanks for the great ideas and pictures!!

34. Nichole

Nichole Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

Lotte: They are to display student work. I attached prongs (the kind that are used in file folders) to the top of the construction paper so that I can slide on new student work. At the end of the year I just give them the whole stack of papers that they've hung up there over the year.

Ann2006: Right now I have 28 students, but I expect that number to rise, so I figured I'd put 33 up just in case. If I go over 33 students, I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze any more on the board.

35. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 10, 2006

Nichole, what do you put on the colored papers (or clip boards) on the wall?

36. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 10, 2006

You have a beautiful room...it looks new and clean!!!

37. Nichole

Nichole Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

k.contreras: I put student work on the colored papers.

38. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Aug 10, 2006

Thanks! The first 2 days have actually gone pretty well (class is a lot clamer than last years group!!)

The giving tree paper says: "On this door are many things that we use in our classroom, but are not included on the district supply list. If you could help our classroom by donating 1 or 2 of the items, your generosity would be grealy appreciated. Simply take the item that you would like to donate off of the tree and send the item to school with your child. Thanks for your support!

The signs in the basket say: Shh..Quiet, Line-up Quietly, Clean-Up Time, Raise Your Hand Please, Sit Down, and Eyes on Me. I am using them instead of my voice! I am training my students as to what the signs mean and what they should do when I hold them up. So far they are working really well! I got them at Lakeshore.

39. nunj21

nunj21 New Member

Aug 10, 2006

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You for the many wonderful ideas. I have been teaching second grade for 5 years, and I will be teaching 1st grade at a new school soon. I am excited, and I am looking for as amany ideas as possible. Do you know where I can find songs to teach reading/phonics skills? Any advice is welcome!!
    Nunj21

40. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Aug 10, 2006

Nichole

Where did you get the Writing Process Timeline???

I'm using Homeworkopoly for the first time this year.