Classroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 27, 2006.

1. BuLadybug

BuLadybug Rookie

Jul 30, 2006

I love everyone's class pictures - I will try to post some as soon as I am finished. I'm a first year - first grade - so I want my room to be colorful and it helps to see other classrooms to get ideas. I've only been in once to set up - but will be going ALOT more!! Hopefully I can get some pics on here.

2. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

Jame,
    On the first day of school my students complete an apple glyph, which I created myself with some ideas gathered on this forum. If you've never done a glyph before, they are really neat. Mine kinda goes like this... If you are a boy, color the outside core of the apple yellow. If you are a girl, color it red. In the center core of the apple, draw enough seeds to represent the number of your birth month. (When finished, each glyph will tell a lot about that student.)

The "Personalitree" hangs on the hallway wall outside my classroom door. We change the stuff on the tree throughout the year. The tree displays our apple glyphs for the first few weeks of school. The tree is from Carson Dellosa I think.

3. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006

Akbeck98, I think I am similar to you in that I will want to have my students' work EVERYWHERE!!!! I love the idea of hanging their work from the ceiling and on the boards and walls. I have worked in classrooms that had close to none of the children's work posted for all to see. I feel that as teachers we should display the children's work to encourage other students to want to do better and also to praise the students for a job well done!!! Cute room!

4. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jul 30, 2006

Thanks! They are from 4 Square writing. Someone made them for each class when our school whent to 4 square for all grades. They are just the copies from the book in color and enlarged.

5. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jul 30, 2006

Thanks! With my 4th graders I can hand the tape over to them and they hang it, which makes them take ownership in it. It also shows them just how long it takes me to hang things up!

:thanks: for the compliment!

6. jeanie

jeanie Companion

Jul 30, 2006

MrsMikesell, I enjoyed visiting your room too. What is beanie breathing?

7. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 30, 2006

Katenar,

Is your classroom two rooms?????? It looks very good.

8. katrinkit

katrinkit Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

Katenar, I would like to hear about Homeworkopoly...

9. Jame

Jame Comrade

Jul 31, 2006

Camcdade, thanks for the info.!! I want to try that this year! Our rooms are so cut up with windows, cabinents, etc. that we just do not have much wall space to show students' work. Your personalitree will be a neat way to do a hall display of the kids' work! Thank you! :)

All the classrooms are so neat and so much fun to view!! Thank you all! How I envy you all the space you have AND being able to hang things from the ceiling! Our fire marshall a year a ago outlawed anything hanging from the ceiling. :mad:

10. ysalazar

ysalazar Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

I am currently planning my classroom layout for fifth grade and would love to see some fifth grade classrooms.

11. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 31, 2006

I got the idea of Homeworkopoly from www.homeworkopoly.com - I just added a few different things. Look back at this post - I posted some info on the game. http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/s...ad.php?t=22599

Definitely check out the homeworkopoly website - it has directions as to how to play and templates for cards.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Katie :D

12. newbie k-1

newbie k-1 Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

I am so jealous!!

I can't get into my room until the 8th, and seeing all of your pics makes me even more anxious!! This is my first year, too, and I'm teaching a K-1 Immersion combo!! Can we say "challenge?" All of your rooms look fabulous!! Thanks for the inspiration!

13. Jenni

Jenni Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

The Book *shudders* my elementary school (not so long ago that I was there) had "The Book". However, it was for the whole school and you had to break a big rule to get introduced to it. It was basically the same thing. Break a rule and they took you to the office and wrote your name in the book. It was like the worst thing that could happen to you, or well I thought it was. Though, I don't think they always notified parents.

They originally had some sort of treat every month for everyone not in the book but they stopped it after the district passed a rule about not excluding children from rewards or something like that. I was only in like 4th grade when it happened so of course my memory is limited.

I will have to decide what to do for my class when I get that far.

14. kbunch24

kbunch24 Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

RitaFirstGrade,

Where in Idaho are you. I just moved here from California and I am struggling to find stores in my town that sell items for teachers and classroom decorations.
    Kim

15. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Jul 31, 2006

Great post!
    Very inspiring to others,... like me.

16. 2ndcareerchoice

2ndcareerchoice Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

Tell me more~

I'd like to know more about the picture that shows the "HOMEWORKOPOLY" board~! Please give us the details behind your concept...I love the game & want to be able to incorporate anything that works with completing homework!~

17. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 31, 2006

See link above #91. http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showpost.php?p=237255&postcount=91

Thanks,

Katie :D

18. krwaggieteach

krwaggieteach Companion

Jul 31, 2006

katenar: I can't click on any of your links on the website you posted. Is it just me??

19. krwaggieteach

krwaggieteach Companion

Jul 31, 2006

ok, hopefully I will have some pictures to post tomorrow!

20. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2006

No, it's not just you, I can't either. I thought it was my computer or something.

21. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 31, 2006

I can't either. All I see is red x's and I've been trying for the past few days since I've heard such good things about it. :)

22. mrsmo

mrsmo Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

What a wonderful website you have...I enjoyed my visit! You are so clever!!!

23. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jul 31, 2006

Miss Kirby- I love the bean bags too! How long ago did you buy them? I would love to have some! Do you kids fight over who gets to sit in them?:)

24. RK1031

RK1031 Rookie

Jul 31, 2006

NCP...how did you hang your centers rotation schedule chart on the bulletin board? It looks like it is on the cork part, but I haven't had much success with that (it always falls down!) Any suggestions?

25. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 31, 2006

Thanks! I bought them about a year ago I think. They don't have them anymore at my Target though.

I had two helpers a day, a boy and a girl, and they both sat in the Reading Garden. They also could each choose a partner to read with them.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW MY CLASSROOM PICTURES THIS YEAR! Haha. I'm still working on it though. It's coming along... My goal is to be done by Friday!

26. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Jul 31, 2006

Question, does anyone know how to set it so you all can view my pictures through my yahoo phots account. It won't let me post my email address.

27. jennyd

jennyd Companion

Jul 31, 2006

I think if you mark the album as public (somewhere in the beginning they usually ask you about that) it should work.

28. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

29. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 31, 2006

Here's the message I got:

No photos are available

Sorry, email+removed+-+send+pm+to+this+user+instead has not enabled any public albums in their account.
    Learn more about sharing albums

30. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 31, 2006

My website

Hi Everyone ~

Some of you were saying that you couldn't access my website links. I'm not quite sure why. I've had a few different people check it and they all could. :(

If the links are showing up (they are maroon with white letters) I know sometimes you need to double click on them. :confused:

If the links aren't showing up at all (boxes with red x in it) all I can think of is maybe you have some type of security block that won't allow you to view them. I'll ask my technology department but I probably won't hear back for a few days. :sorry:

Keep trying and I'll see what I come up with.

Thank you!!! :D

Katie

www.kyrene.org/staff/kjensen

31. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jul 31, 2006

Katie,

A while back I tried to view it on my old computer and on a different forum topic. Well when I tried it on my other computer is worked just fine. I'm thinking it might be cookies or something. I hope it gets worked out, its a great site!

32. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 31, 2006

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :thanks:

Katie:D

33. NCP

NCP Comrade

Jul 31, 2006

It is on the cork part. I just used push pins, on for each grommett, and they held it up.

34. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Aug 1, 2006

Katenar- are your bulletin boards done in felt? They look so nice and neat.

35. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 1, 2006

36. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2006

It worked. I love your room. It is bright and cheerful, neat and colorful. It looks inviting. How many kids will be in each center at a time? What is the independent center? Did you tape down the towel/rug or just lay it on the floor?

37. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 1, 2006

There will be about 4-5 kids in a center. I have a total of 6 centers. We use them during our Reading block for 90 mins. In the independent center the students will have just left from the teacher center, so this is where they will do their workbook pages independently and then they can work on other activities I have there.

The towel I just laid it down, so I can just pick it up from time to time and wash it at home.

38. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Aug 1, 2006

Oooo I'm loving everyone's pictures, and I've adopted some great ides :) Hopefully I can post my pictures sometime this weekend or Monday :D

39. newbie k-1

newbie k-1 Rookie

Aug 1, 2006

RitaFirstGrade,

I was on the fence between a "Bee" theme or a "Beach" theme (my last name is Bangle), but after seeing you pics, I am leaning towards beach. How cute is your room!!

Where did you get the students "Book Shooping Bags?" How do you use them?

40. katenar

katenar Cohort

Aug 1, 2006

:D Hello ~

My bulletin boards are done in fabric. I love it - just change the borders when I want some change. :)

I posted pics of my new bulletin board outside my room. It's under Class Pictures.

www.kyrene.org/staff/kjensen

Katie