Classroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mccwen

mccwen Comrade

Apr 7, 2006

I don't have specific pictures of my classroom up but I have tons of pictures of my kids in the classroom. I will take pictures of the set up of my room over the summer. It's a good idea!

2. Play to Learn

Play to Learn Comrade

Apr 7, 2006

Mccwen I watched you videos, cute kids. :) Thanks for sharing

3. ALR

ALR Rookie

Apr 8, 2006

Great Classrooms

Looking at your classrooms make me a little nervous about wanting to be an elementary teacher. I am a special ed teacher and I will probably be collaborative and resource, but I still feel as if I am not very creative and artsy. I am currently a high school teacher and I do not feel as confident with the older level students.I have been offered a job at an elementary school and I am debating taking it, but anyway will I be able to catch on at the elementary level and be as creative or is it just a born talent?

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 8, 2006

I am not a very creative person and get my ideas from websites such as this and other teachers in my school. We have over 70 classroom teachers in my school and I also make it a point to visit the classrooms of the primary teacher to get some good ideas at least once a month(I do ask if I could steal their ideas):D . I look at their bulletin boards, student work, ask for lesson ideas, look at their teacher resources... Build friendly relationships with your co-workers and I find that the majority are happy to exchange/share ideas and resources.

5. ALR

ALR Rookie

Apr 8, 2006

Thanks a lot! That makes me feel so much better. Are you a special ed teacher also?

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 8, 2006

Yes, I teach a mild autism self-contained class. I am very happy that my 1st and 2nd graders are mainstreamed for art specials (1-2 times per week) so I just need to plan art activities for my kindergarten students. :D

What sp. ed. population are you working with? What grade(s)? Where in Ga are you?

7. MrsMikesell

MrsMikesell Cohort

Apr 8, 2006

Hahaha - I *wish* I was "cute".

I have a very linear way of thinking and if something isn't functional, it doesn't work for me. (If you look in the photos, I don't do bulletin boards unless there is a function... Word wall, display kids work, theme stuff... I can't even begin to think about how to do a bulletin board!)

So, my room tends to be very "uncute". So what I did last year was buy some fun fabric and cut it to fit over all of my shelving units as curtains. I just duct-taped it over the top to the back and viola!

It made the room more colorful - therefore - cute!

Kelly :)

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 8, 2006

But hey, functional bulletin boards are the best kind!

9. ALR

ALR Rookie

Apr 8, 2006

To proud to be a teacher. I teach in Atlanta and I teach 9th grade LD/BD in an inclusion class. I teach English all day. It gets kind of boring reading Romeo and Juliet for 5 periods over and over.

10. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 19, 2006

Miss Kirby, where did you get that amazing squares rug? Your classroom is amazing. Thanks for sharing!:)

11. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 19, 2006

Love the rooms, Camcdade where did you get the animals hanging from your net? I love them.

12. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 19, 2006

Rita, I think you had it, where did you get that umbrella?? It is so cute. Also the whale on your word wall, did you make it?? The background of your bulletin boards (blue) is it fabric?? Lots of questions, its darling.

13. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Jul 19, 2006

I found them at a local party supply store. They were having a sale on all their Hawaiian, beach themed stuff. But, I've also seen some things like that in Oriental Trading Co. catalogs.

14. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 20, 2006

I loved looking at all of these pictures again! I see something new everytime I browse them. I can't wait to see more!

15. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 20, 2006

16. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 20, 2006

No signs on the shelf or bins yet, either. :) I'm just on day 3 of setup.

17. zoerba

zoerba Comrade

Jul 20, 2006

This was a great idea!

I love all the photos - here's a question:

How did you obtain furniture/materials your first year of teaching? I'm wondering how I'm going to pull it off if I get a job a few days before school starts. I have no shelving, mailboxes, posters, etc. I'm a very creative and artsy teacher and don't want my room to be completely dull and empty. The only thing I have are tons of reference books - nothing real useful for use in the classroom.

18. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Jul 20, 2006

It really depends on your school and/or district. In our district, there is a list of basics that each teacher will get. In addition to that, we can contact the district office to see if they have additional items sitting in the warehouse. If your district does not provide the "stuff" that you want, I would start hitting some garage sales for items that you could repair/repaint to your liking. As a new teacher, no one expects you to have a complete room. I am still modifying and changing things every year and this will be my 8th year teaching full-time. Think positively... you'll be surprised at how many people will have things to donate to you especially during "crunch time".

19. Sadie217

Sadie217 Rookie

Jul 20, 2006

Carpet

Miss Kirby --- Where did you get that carpet from?

20. LAbrams

LAbrams Rookie

Jul 20, 2006

As a first year teacher, I loved this post. It's so fun seeing different classroom!

21. krwaggieteach

krwaggieteach Companion

Jul 20, 2006

I will post some as soon as I get stuff done!

22. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Jul 21, 2006

I love all the pictures!!!!!!! I am such a visual person and these are wonderful. I think it would also be fun to post before/after pictures. I have before pictures of my room, but I haven't gotten in there to begin the after pictures yet. I still have a week until I will be able to begin. I am really beginning to get the "gotta get it going" itch.

23. NCP

NCP Comrade

Jul 23, 2006

24. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 23, 2006

NCP,
    I like your center rotation chart! Your room looks great! Thank you for sharing!

25. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 23, 2006

Lakeshore. I was going to purchase this with my own money from graduation, but my first week or so of teaching I was in the copy room talking to a teacher I actually went to school with about how I was planning on buying one, when the secretary overheard and said there was left over teacher supply money, and she can order it for me. (Whoa long sentence) I got so lucky!

Although, it got SO dirty last year. In my new room I'm so not putting it by the door!

It's so funny looking back at those pictures from the first day of my teaching. Everything's all nice and clean and organized... haha.

26. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 23, 2006

What a fun room! Thanks!

27. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Jul 23, 2006

Natjoejag,

I got my umbrella at Fred Meyer. It was only $15 or so. The whale on my word wall was part of a pack of sea creature cut-outs. I didn't make it. My bulletins are all covered in fabric. It lasts longer than paper and looks nice forever! The word wall is felt so I can stick words on with velcro. :)

28. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

29. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 30, 2006

Great pictures, Gopher4! Your classroom looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. What goes in The Book that's in front of your desk? And what is in the 3 colored cups at the top of your chalkboard? :)

30. Jame

Jame Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

Your classrooms are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)
    Camcdade, could you explain your 'Personalitree'? It looks like an awesome idea!

31. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

The Book is where students sign their name after being warned once for breaking a rule. Signing the book once is a final warning - signing again will cause them to have to write a plan. This is a sheet where they write what they did, what rule they broke, signed by them, myself and taken home to be signed by the parent. The sheets in the book have a place for their name, date, rule broken and what they did. Plus a place for teacher comment. Those who go the whole week without signing The Book get a ticket on Friday and get to participate in a prize drawing. I have a drawer full of $1 items and misc. that serve as prizes.

I color-code my 3 classes, so the cups on the board have tongue depressers with each student's name on it for each class. I use it for ransom grouping, finding a special helper, etc. I just hot-glued a magnet to the back of the cups. It's great for partnering students and also comes in handy with I need a sub to group them.

32. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jul 30, 2006

Pictures from last year

I was looking around and found these three pictures from last year. Boy compared to whats up here my room looks a little cluttered! I love to have my students hang up their work around the room. This is a 4th Grade classroom.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Jul 30, 2006

Classroom Pics.

My room is not completely finished yet! I don't have all the materials set out. Plus some of the walls are bare, these will fill up as the year goes on. I use the walls to put up things like word families, poems, writing, etc, that we have done as a class.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post more as my classroom fills up! (I hope I'm posting these right! first time :confused:

34. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006

abeck-I love your six trait posters!! Did you make them yourself? (I am assuming that the puzzle piece posters are for six-trait). I had the same job chart until this year (lent it to a friend & it ruined when she tried to clean off my jobs) I don't think your room looks cluttered at all.

I will try to post pics of my room in the coming week... It is starting to come together. I do have one HUGE bare wall because of cabinets that will be installed after school starts. Thinking about hot-glueing some science/math/s.s bulletin board items to take up space for now.

35. Mrs. Porter

Mrs. Porter Rookie

Jul 30, 2006

Classroom Photos and Graphing Carpet

I love the classroom picture idea. I have been searching on the internet a lot to find new ideas for my 2nd grade classroom. When I get my classroom up and running in a couple of weeks, I will post my pictures too! Miss Kirby where did you order the graphing carpet? That would be an awesome touch for calendar time, and math time. :wow:

36. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 30, 2006

I was able to take some pictures of my classroom. I'm still working on it but it's a start. :p

Go to www.kyrene.org/staff/kjensen and click on Class Pictures.

Don't be shy - leave a message in the guest book while you are there! :D

37. NCP

NCP Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

TXTCHR29:

Where did you get your foam floor tiles? How much did they run you? About how big of a mat did that many make? Thanks!

38. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Jul 30, 2006

TXTCHR29...I love all your bright colors. It brightens your room so much!! I will begin on my room tomorrow. I am so excited!! I will post pictures as soon as possible. I've got tons to do...but hopefully by Friday I will have a couple to post. Keep posting pictures y'all!!!

39. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Jul 30, 2006

I got them at Sam's, they come in packs of 8 I believe, so I had to buy 3 packs. They cost about $18 a pack, so about $60. I'm not quite sure how big it is. It takes up a good amount of room, but I'm hoping it will keep my kiddos off of each other! My other team members used them last year and loved them!

40. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Jul 30, 2006

Thanks!