Classroom pictures

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by UVAgrl928, Aug 3, 2010.

1. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 3, 2010

Is there anyway that we could get a forum for just classroom pictures?! I really like that PT has it all in one place, because I always love looking at pictures for ideas, but my heart belongs to AtoZ :wub: I don't know who to make the appeal to!

Today I went into my room and tried not to let my ADHD run wild. I took some photos to share :)

The custodians were awfully nice to try to put some things back where I had them last year... but of course I wanted to totally rearrange! Boy does my back hurt! I got a lot accomplished in just 3 hours. I got all the furniture moved and set up, moved all my guided reading books and materials to the opposite side of the room (since I moved my guided reading table), brought in all the stuff I had at home and got it unpacked, set up my new math workshop storage area, as well as setting up my library area.

I even made sure to get up BB backing on the BB in the front... I wanted to come into at least a little pop of color in the morning!

I do have two extra desks that have no home... I should probably hang onto them just in case, but I don't know where to keep them.

And I haven't decided yet what I am going to do with my large gray chalkboard/dry erase board. It's this special fancy board that you can use chalk, dry erase, or magnets. Only prob is now that I have my Smartboard, I never use it! So I am trying to figure out whether I should use some of the extra felt I have lying around to cover it, or just turn everything into magnets. I planned on magnets, but I would love the extra color! I feel like the blue built-ins make the room so boring!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52082465@N04/4857671819/in/set-72157624522886101/

3. BES2010

BES2010 Rookie

Aug 3, 2010

4. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 3, 2010

Haha, thanks... it appears larger than it actually is. It's a really weird shape (narrow at the door, but gets wide towards the windows)! I was so excited to get in there today (I'm not a new teacher, but I am still so excited to go set up)!

I saw your pictures yesterday when you had the FB link posted, and was being nosy reading all the comments, lol. I saw something about leaves? What's your plan?

I loooove that you planned out your room on the computer! I always try to do that, but I don't have the dimensions of my room, and that makes a huge difference. I'm jealous of your nice SQUARE room!

5. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 3, 2010

Both of your rooms look fantastic!

6. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 3, 2010

They both look great! I like your rooms. :)

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 3, 2010

I've posted mine in anotehr thread, but I'll post them here again since I can't find my original thread.

My 2010-2011 Classroom

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 3, 2010

I spread the word on the mod's board about having a photo forum. I think it would be a great idea. We'll have to see what Amanda says. I'm all for it.

9. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 4, 2010

Thanks! That's one of the few reasons I use PT.... I can really easily find classroom photos. I'm always looking for ideas, because I am definitely not a decorator or "cutesy" person!

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

These rooms are all bright and inviting. Good for you talented teachers! The beginning of a new school year is so irresistible if you enjoy organizing! Good job.

11. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Aug 4, 2010

Me, too! My room shape is exactly the same as yours, except the colors are a bit different, and I have a whiteboard instead of a gray board. I'd be willing to bet that our schools have the same floor plan.

My room seems a lot smaller though. How many students did you have...18? I had to squeeze in 28! I like where you moved your guided reading table. Are you getting rid of your desk?

12. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 4, 2010

It's nice to know someone else has this layout, because I always feel like it is soooo weird! I cannot tell you how many times a year I move around my furniture to try to find that perfect fit for the room... I'm not sure that is even possible!

Right now I'm nice and comfy at 18... however, almost all the other classrooms on my grade level are sitting at 21/22 (22 is our cap). So I know I will be getting some of the new students that register. My P is very nice and trying to keep my room smaller than the others if possible.

I don't know how 28 would even be possible in those rooms! Especially with how big the older kids are.

13. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 6, 2010

Would you guys rather have a photo gallery? The forum has a built-in one that I tested out but wasn't sure it would meet our needs. I just hadn't gotten around to testing out a better option. I have been thinking we need something like this for a while.

The question is, would you rather upload photos here and be able to categorize/tag/browse/search/comment? Or is it easier to upload them in your own spot and just link like you have in this thread?

14. TeachingTy2010

TeachingTy2010 Comrade

Aug 6, 2010

15. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 6, 2010

I would like to have all photos on this site. It would eliminate the issues with having to register on various sites to view people's pictures. And sometimes I just want to look through tons of photos not search for posts and click on fifty links. Thanks!

16. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 6, 2010

I agree with MissMaurie about having the pictures on this site. I like to be able to look through the pictures without having to register for each photo website.

17. lovemyjob

lovemyjob Rookie

Aug 6, 2010

Ditto- would be nice to look through pics on this site. :)

18. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Aug 6, 2010

I would like it also. I didn't view a lot of class pictures because I didn't want to sign up to the sites.

19. aThriftyTeacher

aThriftyTeacher Rookie

Aug 6, 2010

I've got some of my pics for this school year posted on my blog. http://athriftyteacher.blogspot.com/ I should be adding more on Monday. I pretty much finished the decorating today...I have my official day back with the district on Monday and the kiddos will be back on Thursday. :)

20. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 6, 2010

Ditto here, re the pics on the AtoZ site!

21. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 6, 2010

Very nice job! The room does appear large. Mine seems to appear larger online, too; ours are around the same size. Of course, when the kids are in there, it all seems smaller. :)

22. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 6, 2010

I also agree there should be a forum for classroom pictures! I'm not sure I'm going to post pictures this year. I just got back from a study abroad trip and I will not have much time to set up my room this year. So there won't be much different than last year. I think I'm finally to a point where I'm happy where everything is located. Even though change is nice, everything fits how I want it!

23. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 8, 2010

As you can see, I created a forum for classroom photos. The options for an integrated option here are not ideal but I'll keep looking. Even if I do add something to A to Z, it still may make sense to have a forum where you can point to your photos when you post them.

24. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 8, 2010

Love the idea of having a forum for classrooom pictures :).

25. AKitchin

AKitchin Companion

Aug 8, 2010

Is yours one of those schools with the "pie" shaped rooms? I know my stepdaughter was at two schools that had pie rooms.

I love your room! And this forum was a great idea!