Classroom Pics - The Before

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by MelissainGA, Jul 16, 2011.

1. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 16, 2011

3. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 16, 2011

Nice and clean blank canvas to work with. Can't wait to see the after pics.

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 17, 2011

Wow... looks like a brand-new classroom!

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 17, 2011

I'm jealous. My before was so bad. I should have taken a picture. Maybe I'll take pic. now. It's a mess and everything is on the floor.

6. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 17, 2011

Ms. J. - Yes it is a brand new room. We just got clearance to be in the building this past week. I'm very excited but can't figure out what to do with my books. I have a large # of books for students to use for AR and I can't figure out where to put them since we have only the one tall book case(I'm using for teacher's manuals and games), the rolling storage cabinet that I am using for Math manipulatives since it came with plastic bins installed, and the built in cabinets and sink cabinets are being used to keep everything else that has to be in the room.
    I did bring in 3 of my plastic storage containers (different colored) that I keep my DI activities in. Just hope I'm not told to remove them.
    Any suggestions of what to do with my books? I have around 30 baskets of them. I was going to sit them in/under the window but decided to put the small group table there so that I could monitor the entire room.
    Also, I always allowed the kids to work on the floor but this year we aren't allowed to have carpets/rugs (actually there is a whole list of "can't haves" but that one of the biggies). What do you suggest?

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2011

Could you put some low shelves along the back wall for your books?

8. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 17, 2011

Hi MrsC,

Nope. Nada is the response where other furniture is concerned. I have book shelves (2 year old black bookcases that I bought when I moved into my former school so that everything would be uniform) that would fit under the bulletin board and under the two dry erase boards.
    I can't bring them.

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 17, 2011

I would request from maintenance bookshelves. Take a picture of your books on the floor and say where would you like me to put them. yeah I know I'm not a lot of help.

If you have an extra table or desk you could set them up under the bulletin board.
    I know you aren't allowed carpets or rugs but can you get some of those sit upons? http://www.worthingtondirect.com/sc...&utm_medium=productfeed&utm_campaign=product&

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 17, 2011

I saw a picture of a class that uses plastic laundry baskets for students to choose to sit in during independent reading times.