classroom organisation

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by wendyr, Aug 17, 2006.

1. wendyr

wendyr New Member

Aug 17, 2006

I have just inherited a new classroom and need to label all the materials, both the shelf and the item. Does anyone know of a good site to get pictures of classroom objects eg pencils, paper etc Thanks a bunch

3. teach4Knsc

teach4Knsc Rookie

Aug 18, 2006

4. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Aug 18, 2006

We use the pictures from the MANY EC catalogs we get.

5. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Aug 18, 2006

Sorry I forgot to post how we make our labels.
    1. First, figure out what you will put on each shelf.
    2. Pick a background color for the labels from your construction paper collection. Use one color to have a neat appearance.
    3. Fold the paper in half lengthwise then into thirds. These are the labels to glue the pictures on.
    4. Use Microsoft Word to make a chart and then plug in the names of objects and cut out and paste eveyrthing on the label. I leave a nice black line to outline the name of the item.
    5. Glue everything on the construction paper. Be consistent with lining up everything.
    6. Place at front edge of shelf and cover with sheet of clear contact.
    Things we can't find pictures of in the catalogs we just take a digital picture and print out in color.

My shelves look neat and organized.

6. ksmomy

ksmomy Companion

Aug 18, 2006

I just use a digital camera and a label maker. I use the black flannel board as a background to lay the toys on and take the picture. Then I use the label maker to make a label for the name of the toy. Both the picture and the label are placed on a piece of clear contact paper leaving enough edge to securely stick the label to the shelf. This looks very neat and it is an exact picture of the toy. I found this to be much less trouble than using the catalogs which is what I used to do.

7. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Aug 18, 2006

Just grab a Lakeshore book or some other school supply catalog and snatch out the pictures and contact paper them to containers, etc.