Classroom Management Techniques

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by ally101479, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ally101479

ally101479 Rookie

Aug 28, 2005

Hello Everyone!

I am a first grade teacher in Ohio. I am going to be going through the Praxis 3 since I am a first year teacher. My mentor has been asked to type up some classroom management techniques. I am trying to help her and I told her to search on the internet at teacher related web sites. She just wants to make sure she is doing the right thing. Would classroom management be like, flowing from one subject to the next without any down time between?, behavior system (Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light), etc.??

Thank you!!

Allison

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 28, 2005

Yes, and think of the pro-active techniques we all use - community building, cooperative learning, even room set-up and work flow is a management technique. Centers and # of students at each, morning routine, assessment procedures, parent communication....

4. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Aug 28, 2005

Hi, all! It's been awhile since I've been here but I'm going to try to return more frequently now... so many cool updates here!!!

Ally, I have a ton of classroom management techniques, from transition tips to grading papers to organizing to behavior mod, plus classroom photos, on my website... I hope you can find something helpful to share with your mentor.

:) Angela

http://mspowell.com

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 28, 2005

off topic... but... Angela!!! Nice to see you back... your site's been getting lots of publicity recently!!! ;)

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2005

Hey Angela- nice to see you back. Your website is great. How's your weather- we've been thinking about everyone down south- we have friends in New Orleans and hope all are safe and well. Looks like Ft. Lauderdale dodged this one!! Have a great start to your school year!! :)

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 28, 2005

Hi, Angela. Glad to hear from you. Yes, a lot of folks have referred to your website recently, so you have been on our minds.

8. misscyteach

misscyteach Rookie

Oct 21, 2005

I used this website when I was study for my CSET test...now I'm teaching at an inner-city school and need to know ways to reach/teach 3rd graders...I was a Kindergarten teacher in a rural area...making a BIG switch...can anyone help or direct me to a good website? Thanks!