Classroom management software-Computer monitoring

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by BizTeach, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BizTeach

BizTeach Rookie

Mar 3, 2008

I am currently conducting some research on different classroom management software programs that are available. Most school districts are purchasing licenses to help monitor classroom computers. I would love to hear your opinions about the pros, cons, advantages, disadvantages, what you like, dislike about any software that you currently use. If your district is thinking about adding this software to their computers, what are the benefits they are searching for?

Please tell me what software you have (Synchroneyes, LanSchool, NetOp School, Net Support School, Class X, etc.) and fill me in on what your opinion is about it.

I really appreciate all the information that you are going to share with me. This research is being conducted for a college course in which I am enrolled.:thanks:

BizTeach

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 3, 2008

We use Synchroneyes in all our computer labs. I have no experience with any other programs. I do like synchroneyes - I think it is easy to use; I can freeze/lock the computer if students are on sites they should not be on; I can read what they are working on and offer help. The only thing I don't like is since I don't use the same computer lab and don't use compters daily, the tracking numbers are hard to figure out. Hope this helps

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 3, 2008

When I saw the title "Classroom Management" I thought this was a post about how to manage a classroom, not computer or internet safety programs.

We have a program district-wide, but as a teacher, I have no idea what it is called. It drives me crazy sometimes personally, because I can't log onto my personal email to get a name or phone number, because all sites such as aol or yahoo are blocked.

5. Noggin

Noggin Rookie

Mar 3, 2008

lol, me too! I thought... there is SOFTWARE to help me manage them??? My prayers have been answered!! LOL Oh well! Back to the old school method of procedures, consistency and "the stare". Maybe one day... :lol:

6. BizTeach

BizTeach Rookie

Mar 4, 2008

I had no intention of misleading anyone with the title, so I have added to it "computer monitoring". Unfortunately, that is what someone decided to name their software. I hope that the clarification will help others.