Classroom Library

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mom2sands, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mom2sands

mom2sands Comrade

Jul 26, 2008

Since I'm just getting established, I only have about 25 books to get started. I have several Dr. Seuss that belonged to my own children. If you could suggest 5-10 must-haves for a kindergarten library, what would they be?

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 26, 2008

There's actually a 2-paged post a little further down on this page that would probably help you out a lot. I think it's titled "Must-have books for kindergarten".

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 26, 2008

Here are my "must have" books.

5. ashleylaurenstl

ashleylaurenstl Rookie

Jul 26, 2008

If your school has a membership you could print off some books for reading a-z, so that you have some level books for students. In my classroom I select a few times from level aa up to put in our library. These are titles that I do not typically use in reading groups since students have a change to read them in the library.

As for other books. Bill Martin Jr., Laura Numeroff, Clifford, Arthur, the list could go on. If you are looking for cheap books I would hit garage sales and goodwills if you have them in your area. I found almost a complete set of Junie B. Jones at a goodwill. I have got a ton of books from these places and typically they are around a quarter!