Classroom Library

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Miss Butterfly, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Miss Butterfly

Miss Butterfly Rookie

Aug 30, 2010

Hey all! I'm looking for "book baskets" for my 3rd grade classroom library to organize books by genre. So far, I've had no luck with Target, WalMart, Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Christmas Tree Shop, or few other local surplus and salvage stores. I really love the looks of the baskets that ReallyGoodStuff.com has, but they are far out of my price range, and since the money for these will be coming out of my own poor pocket (just bought a new car!!), they need to be cheap. Where else can I look?? Are there any great places online to find these? Preferably I'd like to get them in various colors, but will take plain white if need be.

Oh, and I should add that while I did see some baskets on DollarTree.com that looked like they might work, they do not give the dimensions of the baskets and they do not accept returns. I'd take the risk if I could return them, but don't want to spend $35 on something that I'll be stuck with if they aren't going to work.

Thanks!

3. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 30, 2010

I've seen the exact bins at Dollar Tree that are on reallygoodstuff. Do you live near a dollar tree?

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 31, 2010

I have some from the Dollar Tree and they are wonderful, in fact, I've had them about 3 years now and they're still like new.

5. pamms

pamms Comrade

Aug 31, 2010

plastic shoe boxes work well for chapter books and inexpensive dishpans work for bigger books.

6. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Sep 9, 2010

I agree with pamms. The plastic shoe boxes aren't pretty, but they are very functional. You can make them look a little nicer by printing out nice labels to go on the outside.

7. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Sep 9, 2010

The nice colorful ones?? Have new ones come out? I might have to make a stop at Dollar Tree now.

8. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Sep 10, 2010

I use tubs from Ikea. They are blue and red. They are a bit tall, but I haven't been a while, they may have some new tubs that are shorter.
    [​IMG]

9. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Sep 10, 2010

Do you have a Dollar General near you? I find my baskets there, usually 2 for $1 for medium size and $1 for large ones.