classroom jobs

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by kindergarden, Jul 31, 2007.

1. kindergarden

kindergarden Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

Hi everyone it's my first year teaching. I'm so nervous and have so many questions about the little things and routines. Does anyone have weekly classroom jobs such as line leader, calender helper, etc. or do you just choose a new student daily.
    Also what is your daily attendence routine? Do you have students check in each morning?:

3. Lindzee82

Lindzee82 Companion

Aug 1, 2007

kindergarden - Congrats on your first job! This will be my first year teaching, too, and I am beyond freaked out and am wondering what the heck I got myself into! One thing that I have done is that I wrote up all of my classroom procedures and how I envision my classroom running. If you would like to PM me your email address, I would be happy to forward them along to you for you to check out.

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Aug 1, 2007

:welcome: Congratulations on your new job! Here's a link to the classroom helper page on my website: vanna's classroom helper page There you can read detailed info about how it works in my classroom.
    For attendance I use name cards, I put all their name cards on the table each morning and they find theirs and put it in their library pocket (poster board with a library pocket labeled with each child's name). When the bell rings I know that the names left on the table are the absent students, of course you have to train them to do all this in the beginning but after that it's smooth sailing :)