Classroom Jobs in Middle School

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by flowerpower31, Aug 23, 2008.

1. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Aug 23, 2008

I have a form that someone posted on here for a "Classroom Job Application", but I'm just wondering what everyone does about using them. I love the idea....just curious about the procedure you use for filling them out (during free time, morning work every Monday, recess, etc) and how often. :thanks:

3. trina

trina Companion

Aug 30, 2008

I don't know about the system you mentioned, but mine is very simple. Each week there is one designated "helper," and it is assigned just by going down the roll book. For one week, the designated person leads the pledges, takes the lunch count down to the office, feeds the fish, and carries the demerit book to all classes. If he/she is absent, then the person next on the roll does it until he/she returns.

4. kickatstars

kickatstars Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

I used classroom jobs last year--some of them changed monthly, but the big ones, like the person in charge of putting together packets for absent kids, lasted an entire semester. They got paid using our team currency.

5. villageteacher

villageteacher Rookie

Sep 1, 2008

I have my students fill out the job application. I then review them and place each students based on their interest, their application, and the classroom need. They will keep their jobs all semester and after winter break, we will reassign jobs. My students do not get paid for their work, but they understand that each job is integral to the whole. It's about teaching them responsibility and about helping to make my life easier so I can create better lessons for them :)