Classroom Goals & Objectives

Discussion in 'General Education' started by NoviceTutor, Sep 28, 2013.

1. NoviceTutor

NoviceTutor Companion

Sep 28, 2013

Hello Members,

I am looking for a sample of "classroom goals and objectives" in a context of a new teacher being evaluated. Also asked are the "activities for/constraints affecting objectives". Your sample or advice is greatly appreciated.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 28, 2013

I'm not sure exactly what your program is looking for. (Besides, you KNOW that a bunch of teachers isn't going to GIVE you the answers, right?)

In terms of classroom goals and objectives, I don't imagine they're looking for curriculum goals-- those are pretty clearly outlined by your state's standards.

I imagine,instead, they're talking about the type of learnng enviornment you'll try to provide. It sounds as though they want you to imagine your future classroom and talk about the mood, the structure, the opportunities you'll be able to afford your kids.

Then, part II seems to be asking you how you'll put those objectives into action. How, exactly, will you get that classroom that resembles an ideal learning enviornment, when your kids might more closely resemble the infamous Sweathogs? What will you do, and what impediments might you face?

It actually sounds like a great assignment. It's asking you not just what you want, but how you're planning to get it. And to give serious thought to the idea that it might be a whole lot harder than walking in with a degree and a contract and just teaching.

I hope that helps a little.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 28, 2013

Look up new teacher evaluation standards: Marshall, Marzano, Danielson...