Classroom Events

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Preschool_Rocks, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Preschool_Rocks

Preschool_Rocks Rookie

Sep 6, 2010

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to put together more classroom events for this school year. Last year I did a, Take It Outside Day, Camping with Dad, Art Show, and a Winter Wonderland Performance. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I was thinking to add a Family Movie Night, any ideas will be much appreciated!!

3. Emilyrsps

Emilyrsps Rookie

Sep 6, 2010

We have done Mother's Day tea, Grandparent's Day Brunch, Family Storytime, and Cowboy Night. On cowboy night we had the families bring in their favorite pots of chili. The school provided toppings for the chili, bread, drinks, and dessert. We read some stories about cowboys. We did a cowboy craft and a cowboy snack!

4. Miller59

Miller59 Companion

Sep 6, 2010

Can you give some details on your events? They all sound wonderful!

I did a play last year on animals in the woods through the seasons. I got masks from Jan Brett's site. I glued the masks to little sunglasses and it worked like a charm. The play was a big hit.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 7, 2010

my kids always love a pajama day... I lieke to do that in the middle of January or so, to beat the winter blah's... we read the Napping House, and maybe watch a movie or video (I rarely use tehm in the classroom so it is a special treat) :)

Teddy Bear day is also fun.. .we have all the kids bring in their favorite tedy bear... graph them, they get to tell everyone else about the bear, have a special teddy bear picnic... maybe design some clothes (we do it as a collage on paper)

OK, I just realized you seem to be looking for family events...

what about a family reading night or super science night?

6. teacher12345

teacher12345 Cohort

Sep 7, 2010

Parents night out Pajama party, the kids can eat pizza and watcha movie, and do different activities for a couple of hours while the parents go out.

7. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 7, 2010

Definitely a pajama party! And tie it in with your letter P learning if you possibly can. Serve pancakes or pigs in a blanket, pop popcorn, (hot air popper), punch to drink. I always have a pajama party during the letter "P" learning. S0 much fun.

8. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Sep 7, 2010

I would suggest a family reading night. I was actually thinking about this on my way home. I wanted to do something for each month. I was also thinking maybe a thanksgiving feast party where all the families would bring a dish to pass.

9. Preschool_Rocks

Preschool_Rocks Rookie

Sep 7, 2010

Thanks so much for the ideas! I do want to try the family reading/pajama day, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I also want to try the cowboy day I think the parents would get a kick out of that. Thanks again everyone!

10. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 8, 2010

Bre! You and I think a lot alike. I have done the feast for Thanksgiving, 1/2 of the kids Native Americans, other Pilgrims...we made cranberry sauce and ground corn for muffins. Parents donated the rest and I did the turkey. Then we played some games such as those the children played during that time. It was some work but oh so worth it.