Classroom Discipline

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Guest, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 25, 2002

Hi, I decided I want to change the way I handle classroom discipline. I was wondering what other people use in their classrooms: warnings, time out and etc... I can use any suggestions. Thanks!

3. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Aug 25, 2002

Read back through some of the old threads. We've had many discussions about this before.

Nick :)

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 25, 2002

There is a search feature you might find handy, too. There is a link to 'SEARCH' at the top of this page. :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 1, 2002

I try not to use time-out unless I have to... kids that are always in time-out never learn how to socialize. I give them a warning and then they have to leave their center (what ever they don't finish is homework or they work on it at recess) I do have basic rules like if you hit you sit... I also add one min. for every complaint or "but I.." on the way to time-out (my kids have a stop-watch to look at)
    I also have a behavior chart that I use only for diliberant disobiedance. everytime a child disobeys they recieve a check. if a child recieves 3 checks in one day they get a frown instead of a smiley face... at the end of the week anyone with a frown doesnt get to visit the treat box. we also graph the checks of those who got all smileys and those w/ the least checks go first to the box.
    hope this helps

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 8, 2002

REad the book SEtting Limits either for the Classroom or the Parent version. Very helpful.