classroom decor

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by fcp, Jul 29, 2002.

1. fcp

fcp Guest

Jul 29, 2002

two years ago i taught 1st grade, last year i taught 6th grade and this year i am teaching kindergarten. i will have a brand new classroom that was just built. i need some ideas on how to decorate a kindergarten classroom. i saw an idea that i really like but i forgot to take pictures. the class had stuffed trees and other things in the classroom stuffed but it was all made out of bulletin beard paper. if you have any ideas or pictures please help me out.

3. charli

charli Guest

Aug 3, 2002

Wow! A brand new room...that's a teacher's dream. You need to read some of the bulletin board posts on here. There are a lot of good sites listed for room ideas. You can also type Kindergarten ideas in your search engine and find a lot of good sites too!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 4, 2002

Kids love to see their work on display. So let the kids complete the bulletin boards that you start...An easy back ground cover is Wallpaper or material. I find a wallpaper that can stay all year and just change the border for a new change.

I knew a Kindergarten teacher that had an old fashion bathtub in her room and it was filled with pillows. The kids loved sitting in the tub while "reading" books.

Enjoy your new room...

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 6, 2002

I did the kingdom o f kindergarten last year. Everything was revloved around castles, knights, princes & princesses. I was the queen of course. The kids loved it. We wrote our own fairy tales and made our own family crests (shields).

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 8, 2002

I am a brand new 3rd grade Teacher who has nvever taught before. Can anyone help me?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 8, 2002

Hi. You will love 3rd grade! They are the most fun! Still young enough to love games and worship the teacher. You need to be both firm and loving, practical and motherly. I had a busy bee system where thy got tickets each day for positive behaviors and redeemed them at the end of the day for candy and small prizes. I taught to the upper third and helped the low-achievers along. I changed the seating arrangement weekly - small groups of desks clustered. They loved spelling bingo with their weekly spelling words (they make a 4x4 grid on paper and place a word in each box, you call the words until someone has bingo). Good luck!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 21, 2002

What kind of positive behavior was rewarded?

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 22, 2002

It depended on the child. Some kids got rewarded for staying on-task, some for superior effort, some for recognizing their own misbehavior, some for helping another student, etc.