classdojo

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by alainamchugh, Apr 9, 2013.

1. alainamchugh

alainamchugh New Member

Apr 9, 2013

Is anyone using classdojo? I have started using classdojo as my behavior management system and LOVE it! What do you think about classdojo?

3. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Apr 9, 2013

I love it! Unfortanetly, I am not consistent with it. I used it for about a month or two. It worked well for sixth grade.

4. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Apr 9, 2013

I signed up last year, but I haven't used it. I would love to look into it more. It seems like it would go well with my school's implementation of points for PBIS!

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 9, 2013

I also signed up and was not consistent. I have coworkers who use it daily.

6. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Apr 10, 2013

I use it in 6th grade. Just like anything, it works for some kids and doesn't for others. It also works differently from class to class. BUT I've had enough success with it so far that I intend to continue using it.

7. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2013

I started using it yesterday. The problem (as with other reward or monitoring system with this bunch) is that it only works if I have it open on my computer and am actively giving and taking away points. Once I step away from my computer and actually start teaching, they know that it doesn't matter and start talking again.

8. princessbloom

princessbloom Comrade

Apr 10, 2013

I use it daily and I absolutely love it! So do my kids. It's such a great incentive. Most teachers in my school are now using it. I'm looking forward to the day when the app can allow us to merge and share students. Our Special areas want to use it and have it link with students in our class but that isn't quite a capability just yet. Still, I'll definitely be using it again next year!

9. MJH

MJH Companion

Apr 10, 2013

My kids love it

I have used it since November and my students love it. I have an ipad so I can take it with me everywhere. I even leave it for the related arts teachers to use. It really has improved my students behavior and considering the type of student I teach that is saying a lot. You can also use it on smartphones and iphones to make it mobile.

It does go very well with PBIS. I was able to dump the clipboard that the rest of the school was using to track behavior since I was using classdojo.

I really like being able to print off report to the parents. It helps with documenting behaviors and gives the parents specific information about their child. In the beginning I would print them off daily and then moved to weekly.

10. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 10, 2013

You can always use it with your cell phone to have it at all times.

11. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 18, 2013

I use it every day. It's a great way to track positive/negative behaviors and when the computer "dings", no one knows who received the positive/negative so it keeps everyone on their toes. I also love that weekly reports can be emailed to parents so that they are aware of what specific behaviors are going on throughout the week.

12. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2013

I use it on my iphone so I have it on me throughout the day. I used to hand out tickets for kids to write their name on and put it in a jar. This is so much easier.

13. applecore

applecore Devotee

Apr 19, 2013

I signed up for it too.

But like most of you, I'm wasn't consistant with it because I had to always be near the computer to make it work for me; and I teach all around my room and hardly ever at my computer. Which is good, I guess. But not so for classdojo!

I'm sure it's a great tool.

14. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 19, 2013

I use the app on my iPhone so I have it with me all day for easy access to give out positives/negatives.