Class T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by KLSSwimmer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Sep 30, 2008

Hello everyone!

I am thinking about getting class t-shirts for my class. Does anyone have any suggestions on ideas that would be cool for 4th grade? I am thinking that on the back, all the students could have students names/signatures screenprinted onto the shirt. However I am stuck with the front. Our school's mascot is the bear, and my last name is Sharp. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Kari

3. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Sep 30, 2008

A few cool ideas I've seen/done:

Each child draws something (all bears, their faces, etc), you scan it in for the shirt

Contest w/ a bear and the class votes

Choose a simple bear design and make it into a grid. Each kid draws part of the grid.

4. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 9, 2008

mys son's class (3rd) had a big 3 with the signatures on the number for the back. Each class had a diff color. and the front just had the school name/logo in the upper left corner.

5. ReadytoTeach

ReadytoTeach Rookie

Oct 10, 2008

My school does a school-wide t-shirt. On the front is the name of the school, and on the back is "Ms. So-and-So's Class" and then all the students' signatures like you were talking about. Everyone, children and adults, absolutely love it.

6. MrsB2B

MrsB2B Rookie

Oct 20, 2008

Symbols

What is your Social Studies curriculum in 4th grade? In NC, the curriculum is all about history of the state. We made NC symbol t-shirts for the kids. Each kid drew a symbol and put their name beside it. If there aren't enough for everyone you can start doing things relating to your state!

7. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Nov 7, 2008

t-shirts

I'm going to scan a class picture to iron-on on the front of the shirt. On the back I am going to print a huge 4 (for 4th). Students will sign their names on the shirts.

8. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 8, 2008

Thanks very much for all of the wonderful ideas! I appreciate all of the ideas!

9. mrsdong

mrsdong Rookie

Nov 29, 2008

That sounds a wonderful idea! Where do you get your t-shirt printed? Who will pay for the t-shirts, school or parents?

10. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 30, 2008

The t-shirts turned out great. I called a local business, and they were able to print the shirts for us. Each shirt cost $5.25, which included one color of writing on both the front and the back, the set-up fee, and the t-shirt. Each student had the option to buy the t-shirt. Out of our 100 4th grade students, we had 75 t-shirts that were bought. Let me know if you need any other information!