Class Skits

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by ArizonaTeacher, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ArizonaTeacher

ArizonaTeacher Rookie

Jul 13, 2006

I am a teacher in the three year old room and I have to put together a class skit which will be performed in front of the entire school. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 14, 2006

my neice's school did a Broadway theme. The school is a private PK-Kinder school and the whole thing came out very cute. The 3 and 4 year olds sang songs from Broadway shows (Annie, Peter Pan etc. ) and dressed in the theme of their songs. There were several different groups with different songs and outfits.

The kinder kids did a cute little rendition of the Wizard of Oz but changed the We're Not in Kansas anymore to Where Not in (school name) anymore...it was cute.

They even had little Billboard programs.

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 14, 2006

I watched a video of my bf's preschool skit... they did Caps for Sale... one kid had memorizd the story and told it (or you could do that, or put it on tape) and the other kids all acted it out. it was VERY cute!!!

Perhaps taking one or two of their favorite stories and having them act it out?

5. tant04

tant04 New Member

Jul 19, 2006

Last school year, a couple of classes in my building act out Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see? The teachers created colorful, large cutouts for each student with a circle cut out in the middle. It was really cute! The parents loved it!

6. JaZMum

JaZMum Rookie

Jul 19, 2006

Could you act out the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar?

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2006

This was done with 4 year olds . I have a tape of the story, The Gingerbread Man and the kids acted it out. Costumes were easy.

8. ArizonaTeacher

ArizonaTeacher Rookie

Jul 20, 2006

Thanks for all of your ideas! I will let you know how the skit goes!