Class Party LAUGHS!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Starista, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 14, 2010

So.. it's been 4 weeks of school... and lo and behold! Our 3rd grade marble jar is almost full!

So I told the 14 kids yesterday that I respect their opinions and to write on "secret ballot" 2 movie choices and 2 snack choices for our Friday Fiesta!

I told them that I would look through their choices and would eliminate ANY non-G rated movie and ANY snack that I deemed too unhealthy or illogical for a classroom.

You'd think they were voting for the US President for the first time.

The serious looks on their faces was so priceless!!! :lol::lol:

"Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" was a popular choice. It's "PG" as I later found out on Netflix, but I am going to view it and see if it's okay and check with my admin.

My 8 going on 18 boy.... He suggested we watch "Underworld: Revenge of the Lycans" (sadly, all spelled correctly!!) and "Transformers."

One girl suggested "The Polar Expression..." (Expression was one of last week's vocabulary words).:lol::lol:

Was too funny.

As for snacks... One kid suggested "hot wings with dressing." LOLOL.

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Sep 14, 2010

My girls are 9 and 6 and LOVE Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I can't think of anything inappropriate in the movie. I suppose it's PG because of mild big food violence. :)

4. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 14, 2010

According to the MPAA, it's "Rated PG for brief mild language."

And to figure out exactly what they mean... let's go to a site where they.... overanalyze every movie:
    http://www.capalert.com/capreports/cloudywithachanceofmeatball.htm

It's a Christian movie review site :p

They state:
    "one use of profanity"
    "There is only one use of profanity in the entire 80.5 minutes of programming"

And:
    http://www.screenit.com/movies/2009/cloudy_with_a_chance_of_meatballs.html

"the term "hellhole" is used, but not as an expletive"

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2010

Starista... I remember marble parties... LOVED them. Our teacher would bring in an air popper & a few of us would stay in & make popcorn for our movie!!!

We watched Marmaduke over the weekend... lil ones liked it... It was pretty cute. I think it's pg... but I don't really remember anything horrible... maybe a shut up, but I don't remember any other "bad" language.