Class Parents

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kindernj123, Dec 19, 2007.

1. kindernj123

kindernj123 Companion

Dec 19, 2007

I am wondering what you all do for the class parents to thank them for their help so far this year. I usually just write a thank you on a kid type certificate. Is there anything special or nice poem that you use?

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 20, 2007

I don't do anything until the end of the year. I give them a thank-you card. Unfortunately, my room parents left our school so now I don't have any... hopefully someone will take over.

Also, it depends on how much they do for you.

4. campinggirl

campinggirl Rookie

Dec 20, 2007

I don't have any parents this year but in past years I have given them little Christmas ornaments and a thank you card.

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 20, 2007

By how much they do- I meant sometimes they are never present and you have to beg them to come help... other times they bend over backwards for you... I give the same thing to each one... some years they are more enthusiastic than others.

I realized my post sounded bad before!

6. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2007

I gave her a $30 dollar gift card to a local restaurant and a large picture of her son in a Christmas Photo frame. She's outstanding! Invaluable--runs things off for me, organized the Fall Festival, buys books for the kids, and organized the absolute best Christmas party I've ever had. I hug her everytime I see her!