Class lists

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by trayums, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 5, 2009

I have had the same 23 students for the past 3 weeks since I received my roster, which is interesting all in itself. Normally it changes a bit in even just a few weeks. These kids must be velcroed to me or something. If it stays the same for Open House two weeks from tomorrow, I'll get a good laugh out of it. :)

Oh, and to answer your question, we receive our lists as early as the mid-July if we come to the school to pick it up.

2. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Aug 5, 2009

We get ours 3-4 days before school starts. Not sure why, I would like it sooner to begin to learn their names.

3. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2009

At my old school we wouldnt get class lists until the day of meet the teacher night. So it was a mad rush to get things labled. Principal was a control freak and that was her way of controling one more thing to make our lives miserable. My new principal gave us our list yesterday. Of course its a work in progress anyway. We moved into a new town where it sounds like they don't have much movement in or out of the schools. Of course at our grade level there will be one more, someone will get my daughter. I have been wanting to register her the last three days but our old district wont release her (and the other two kids) records until Monday. Has something to do with their programs. It's ticking me off though. I have "free" time right now. Next week is going to the week from heck with NTO and getting all the kids ready before I start back on the 12th.

4. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Aug 6, 2009

We get ours on the day before school starts. Last year, my P put two kids in my class that weren't supposed to be together. I complained loudly enough that he called me the night before school started at 8:30 to tell me that the child had been switched.

The year before, they were moving kids around the first week after realizing that all three severe behavior problems were all in my class.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2009

Ours can change up until the first bell on the first day :mad:
    Last year, we had about 12 changes on my grade level AFTER open house (which is the Thursday before school starts)

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2009

I posted I got my class list on Tuesday. I go up today to work on my room and I am not there two seconds and I get a class change. It's a good thing I hadn't done anything at home the day before.

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 6, 2009

Ours can change until the morning of Open House (some of you call it "Meet the Teacher"). Last year's class was interesting- I gained two students the day of Open House, and two didn't turn out showing up.

In the hallway, I put up a bulletin board where I can write on names with a permanent marker 15-20 minutes before our three hours of Open House begins. Last year, the theme was "Welcome to the jPod" and had iPods, which was AWESOME. The year before was about "building a foundation" and had paint buckets. It helped to add names right before Open House.