class list

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cheer, Aug 4, 2008.

1. cheer

cheer Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

ok, has anyone gotten their class list? I would really like to get all the labeling done, but the list is not complete. I want everything alpha. order so I do not want to start until I have everyone. I feel like I am going crazy. Does anyone else feel this way?

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

Nope but I wish!!! Would be nice to be able to prep stuff. Ugh!!!! I feel exactly the same way.

4. peachieteachie

peachieteachie Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

I got my class list before school let out in June, but I don't pay much attention to it because it'll change so much before school starts. Much like you, I'd like to get labeling done, but I wait until it is closer to the school start time.

5. lovemyjob

lovemyjob Rookie

Aug 4, 2008

Our class list changes up until the minute before the first day of school. I would always get a new kid or two or lose one or two. I would have everything labeled, cubbies, workbooks folders, etc...
    Now I number the cubbies and put blank labels on workbooks. I let them pick their own seats on the first day and as I take roll I write the name on the desk nameplate with their "magic" number. After I put their nameplates on the desk they go and put their stuff in their cubby using the "magic" number. As we hand out workbooks they are to use a crayon and write their name and number. So not too many things are pre labeled with their names. It may seem time consuming but doing the nameplates one at a time really helps me with name recognition and I usually know their names (first:)) in two days.
    I'm rambling a little but just letting you know I stressed a little too until I modified the way I label things. :)

6. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 4, 2008

We typically don't get our classlist until the first day back under contract. So, this year, we will get our list on Monday the 25th and our OPEN HOUSE/MEET YOUR TEACHER Night is on the 26th. So, we have very little time to prepare. I tend not to worry about the labeling... I get everything else done so that I just need to work on my schedule and then label. From experience, I know that the list changes so I do not assign "numbers for my students" until the first day of school.

7. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Aug 4, 2008

We don't get our class list until preservice week -- and even then it changes...and changes...and changes...

I don't label things until the last hour of preservice week -- and even then, I don't put anything in alphabetical order until the end of the first week of school. We have tons of kids who won't actually show up (because they moved over the summer, but never told us.) We'll have some kids who won't show up until the 2nd or 3rd day.

8. Dee452

Dee452 Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

The number system works great. Like the other posters have said the class lists keep on changing and changing and changing.

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

I have gotten mine... It keeps changing though!

10. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

I got mine on Friday. It shouldn't change. I already have first names memorized...but then I "only" have 7. :eek: That's a lot for a self-contained mo/severe room!

11. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

As already mentioned, I use the number system as well. I never write students names on anything until I see the "whites of their eyes" at our Academic Night or on the first day of school. Our list is never 100% accurate and I hate to waste nametags and such when a student never ends up showing up.

12. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 4, 2008

I have my class list but I would really like to know when our recess and lunchtime is. I know it's changing and don't want to do plans until I know my times.

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 4, 2008

I think I find out tomorrow. We have a placement meeting! Happy birthday Calalilys!!! (Mine is tomorrow!)

14. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

Thank you! Happy Birthday to you, too!!

15. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 5, 2008

We have our class lists, but we don't label anything until the day before back to school conferences! We are always getting changes, even on the first day of school! I have just learned to be patient!

16. frogger

frogger Devotee

Aug 5, 2008

No not yet but I haven't been back to school yet. We weren't able to move in until after Aug 1st and just got back from visiting friends and family back home. Maybe tomorrow I will get it when I go in to start setting up my room!

17. Deb06

Deb06 Companion

Aug 6, 2008

The principal was supposed to e-mail my class list today, and I just now got it! I can't believe he stayed up this late sending out class lists. Anyway, I have sixteen students (eight boys and eight girls.) I am thrilled! :)