Class dojo question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by waterfall, Oct 1, 2013.

1. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2013

I'm thinking of starting this with at least one of my groups. All of my students have individual ipads. Is there a way that their "points" will show up directly on their own ipad as soon as I give them one? I know they give the kids a password to login and check, but for it to work with this group I think the feedback needs to be instantaneous. Displaying everyone's name on the smartboard with their points seems kind of inappropriate, and I'm often using the smart board for my lessons anyway and would need to have other stuff up there. I've thought about just doing it as a "class" and having one little avatar for the whole group, but I basically have two kids who are always well behaved and four who can't stop shouting out/laughing/being silly for the life of them. I'd feel badly for the other two if we were doing "class points."

3. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Oct 1, 2013

I know what you're trying to do, but I don't think that's possible.

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Oct 1, 2013

I display mine on the smartboard when I'm not using it for a lesson, and it's actually never been an issue of public humility.... That's probably because I mostly give out positive points. Only in rare circumstances do I take negative points. Most kids are very focused on their own point value and don't seem to give any thought to what other kids have.

I do know some teachers that give dojo points without allowing the kids to see the display. So, the kids hear the ding, but they have no idea who earned the point. I think this works okay for some kids, but it would not work in my class. My kids are too concrete, and they need to see it visually. There is no way I could use Class Dojo if I didn't display it someplace where the kids could check it, even if that display was just a regular-sized computer monitor.