CLAD through CTEL online programs. Any positive experiences?

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by Missmegt, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Missmegt

Missmegt Guest

Dec 17, 2019

I'm new to California and have decided to take bypass the exam route for CLAD through CTEL and take do an online program. Has anyone had a positive experience with any online CTEL programs? I can't seem to find any reviews or mentions of this on any forum. There are loads of choices but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually gone through a program before committing my time & money to this. Thanks for the feedback!

3. Ellieb

Ellieb Guest

Feb 26, 2020

I'm also taking an alternative route to credentialing and need to fill this requirement. I decided to just try take the test without the course as the course is expensive and can take up to 9 months. Now I see the materials though, I understand why! There's a lot to learn! What did you end up doing?

4. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Mar 6, 2020

I have used study(dot)com for the math CSET series and found them useful. And now that I have found out that CLAD is a de-facto requirement, I am using them to prepare for the CTEL. Experience suggests no one source is a complete solution.. So I will back that up with a textbook I bought for the required teaching reading course for my alternate credential route.

5. Jiajia

Jiajia Rookie

Nov 4, 2020

What is alternate credential? What textbook are you reading for CTEL?@CaliforniaRPCV

6. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Nov 4, 2020

Actually, I did not get around to that textbook. It was Teaching Reading in Today's Elementary Schools, 12th Edition, by Roe, Smith and Kolodziej. But as I say, I do not plan on actually using it.

I've used study.com and 240tutoring.com. Of course, the prep materials on the CTC site referenced here, https://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/CA_CTEL_TestPage.html, are the starting points.

But, I haven't taken the tests yet, so I am not the best source of information.

7. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Nov 4, 2020