Citizen Schools

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rachaelski, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 14, 2009

I applied and was offered a position by an organization called Citizen Schools, which is an after school program that is focused on academics. Essentially, it lengthens the school day for middle schoolers. It relies on bringing community members to the schools and they mentor students. There are also homework clinics and tutoring. It is a great organization with great results.

I was offered the position as a Program Director, which is essentially an after school principal. I did not take the position, because it conflicted with my PhD studies. Here in ABQ, the starting pay is 40,000.

Anyhow, some of you job hunters may want to check the organization out. www.citizenschools.org

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 14, 2009

Congrats on the offer! I'm sorry that it conflicted with your PhD program.

4. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 14, 2009

Thanks, I mostly posted this to let teachers in Cali, New Mexico, Boston, and a few other places know that there is stuff out there. Leadership jobs, part-time teacher work, and for new teachers a training fellowship.

5. darlibby

darlibby Companion

Jul 14, 2009

We had citizen schools at our middle school in Houston. It was a very good program.