Cirque Du Soleil

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 11, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2009

How many of them have you seen?

I saw a couple of the smaller ones: Cirque Voila, which wasn't that great & Viaggio, which was OK. I was all set to see Cirque La Vie Seasons, but they cancelled/postponed it.

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

May 11, 2009

I saw one recently -- I can't rememeber the name -- it meant "to jump off a bench." It wasn't the actual show. They came in a big bus and did a show just for several schools, while they were in town doing a performance. It was really good. The kids loved it.

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

May 11, 2009

I have seen mystere in vegas. Allegria, saltimbanco, and corteo at their travelling shows. I think that's it, but it feels like I am forgetting one. It will probably come to me at three in the morning!!! I love them all!! My daughter wants to be in one of their shows as a contortionist. She can literally fold herself in half backwards and put her butt on her head!

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

May 11, 2009

Saltimbanco! That's the one! I looked it up to be sure. It does mean "jump on a bench." Strange.

Saltimbanco -from the Italian "saltare in banco", which literally means "to jump on a bench"-explores the urban experience in all its myriad forms.

6. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

May 11, 2009

saw O at the Bellagio in Vegas.. really good! If you ever have a chance watch that.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

May 12, 2009

I've seen 2 shows, it's been a couple of years ago and I've forgotten the names, loved them though.

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

I've seen Mystere in Vegas - I loved it. I've seen several others on TV, but it's still my favorite.

9. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

May 12, 2009

I have seen a lot since I live in Vegas. All good, all different. Love is my favorite!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 29, 2010

I just got tickets for Quidam in April 2011! :D

I want to see O, Mystere, Ka, Believe w/ Criss Angel, & most others. The only ones I don't care to see are Zumanity, Viva Elvis, & Beatles Love.

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2010

I never have.

Last year I got the moms tickets to Wintuk. Their reaction was basically "ehhh..."

Then, on Monday night (yep, the night of the blizzard in NYC) my sister had tickets-- for herself and her 3 kids, and her friend and the friend's 3 kids... over $800 in tickets. The LIRR wasn't running. So Peggy's friend drove them into NYC to see the show!(She said the LIE was one lane. The day after Christmas. Heading towards NYC. This was a one-time-only experience!!!)

She said they made good time into the city (sure-- who ELSE was on the road????) and her reaction was the same as moms: "Ehhhh."

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2010

My sister went to Wintuk on Monday as well! They actually got seats at Serendipity for frozen hot chocolate which is practically unheard of during holiday week, but like you said, "who else was on the road'?:lol:
    http://www.serendipity3.com/food.htm

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2010

Peggy said a ticket scalper heard them discussing where to have dinner, and pointed them towards a TGI Friday's right near the Garden.

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2010

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2010

Yeah, Peter has taken groups there on occasion when they go in for a photo seminar. They always enjoy it.

16. glen

glen Companion

Dec 30, 2010

We went on Christmas Eve. Same reaction from all 12 of us (ranging in age from 16-60)- "Ehhh"

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 2, 2011

Now, I can add Quidam to my little list. Saw it Sat. It was OK. I'm sure I have yet to see a really extraordinary one. Do they ALL have the audience participation bit?

18. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 2, 2011

We've seen "O" (eau = water in French) and KA in Las Vegas.

We both loved the shows but I prefered KA because it had a lot more variety in the scenes as well as a very interesting stage that rotates in all directions including vertically so it was very entertaining! I loved our seats that we got with a promo they had under the ticket selection because of the summer dates we were there. We got way better seats (main floor to the left) for less than what we were planning on spending because of that promo!

I hope to see more Cirque shows in Vegas! We did see one that came to our park near us but I enjoyed the Vegas ones a lot more because of big stage- more to see and be amazed!!

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 2, 2011

Yes, I've been signed up for Cirque news already. I had good seats for this last one. I hope to see more in the future. There's a Michael Jackson one that I know my BF wouldn't mind seeing.