Cirque Du Soleil shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 3, 2010

We're going to Las Vegas soon and I'm not sure which Cirque show we want to go to! That's going to be our big show that we see because it's so pricey. So, if you've recently gone, which show did you like the best?

3. pumpkincup

pumpkincup Rookie

Aug 3, 2010

We saw Mystere a few years ago and it was by far my favorite Cirque show. We also saw the one in Downtown Disney and a travelling one which were not nearly as good.
    Have fun!

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 3, 2010

Thank you! I'm enjoying all the preplanning vacation things. We spent weeks just thinking through which hotel we wanted but now can focus on all of the other fun things to do!

5. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Aug 3, 2010

We saw Mystere and Zumanity last time we went to Vegas. They were both good in their own way. I think Mystere was a little better. I want to see "O" the next time I go.

6. Ross

Ross Comrade

Aug 3, 2010

I was in Las Vegas last week visiting family. They saw Le Reve at the Wynn Hotel during the visit. Having seen several of the Cirque du Soleil shows, they said it was the best.

I have never seen any of the performances.

7. carlea

carlea Comrade

Aug 3, 2010

I've seen three and KA at the MGM Grand was my favorite!

8. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 3, 2010

I have seen three different Cirque shows...

Mystere (Treasure Island) : This was my (and my husband's) first Cirque show. It was OK...but we were tired of the concept by intermission. Though we thought of leaving, we stayed (and wished we hadn't). It DOES wear on you after a while.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bY06NZNiI

O (The Bellagio): O for OUTSTANDING!!! This mixes Cirque with water...and it was incredible! My entire family LOVED it.
    Can't say ENOUGH about how wonderful this show was!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk5iG0_0Cho

Ka! (The MGM Grand): This is one of the newer Cirque shows (compared to the other two). It has more of a storyline (the other two are more like skits or small events strung together) though it is still a bit bizarre at times. I LIKED it. The stage rotates (hard to explain) and it becomes a real component in the entire show. Breathtaking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvDW4DRj7gc

My verdict: If you can only see one show (and one Cirque show is enough for one trip - there are so many great NON-Cirque shows to see), I would HIGHLY recommend it to be.... "O".

9. サマンサ

サマンサ Rookie

Aug 4, 2010

I really don't remember which one I saw, because it was years and years ago, I think I was only 10 years old :X But their shows are absolutely amazing, probably no matter which one you see, you will be amazed! Keep us posted!

10. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 5, 2010

I just saw O on Sunday and it was AMAZING! I have seen a ton of Cirque shows and they kind of blend together because they are so similar but not O. The water stuff they do is amazing and you are in amazement that they can do it. I think this is one of the most original Cirque shows I have seen.

11. Adobe_Andrew

Adobe_Andrew New Member

Aug 5, 2010

The Beatles "Love" show is fantastic if you are a music fan. Can't say enough good things about it.